Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the brake pedals are hella stuck together on my 69 140. I don't know if H1s have welded pedals, but they are practically welded together. I simply cannot get the brake pedals apart. I've tried PB blaster, heat, and a big pry bar and all I accomplished was making the pry bar not straight no more. I don't want to cut them off- we don't have a good welder and the pedals are repainted, and I'll never be able to match the color.

Am I missing something???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Inner pedal and cross shaft are 1 piece. Outer pedal "should" rotate on shaft sticking out from left pedal. Shaft on left pedal has quite a bit of linkage attached with pins. Polly best to turn entire tractor either vertical or upside down to gain access to pins. Look in parts catalog for everything on there. Maybe a few WEEKS of PB may free things up. Bob

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what all is there? I know the brake linkage on the left side and the parking brake linkage in the middle. Anything else?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sounds like no one ever used or greased the dual pedals. I had a few parts on my tractors that took weeks of soaking in PB before they finally freed up. I believe there is a grease zerk on the outer pedal. Try removing that and spraying PB in the hole.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like no one ever used or greased the dual pedals. I had a few parts on my tractors that took weeks of soaking in PB before they finally freed up. I believe there is a grease zerk on the outer pedal. Try removing that and spraying PB in the hole.
I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Acetone and ATF applied liberally once or twice a day? Maybe a little heat to expand at least the outer pedal at the pivot?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Does Larry run and drive now?
my off the hip idea would be to un hook right brake linkage. At the pedal, drive around some and use right brake pedal only which should engage left brake pad which would put pressure on the right brake pedal to rotate on shaft.

Hope that made sense

Also spray with pb blaster like mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts