Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about how Brinly labeled their serial numbers. I am just finishing up my re-painting of my 4 Brinly 3 point attachments. The plow had been repainted before so no serial number sticker was evident, the back blade had also been repainted but I think I could make out where the serial number used to be, the disk had the serial number sticker mostly intact, but I could not read the actual serial number, and finally my cultivator had a very good serial number that I was able to copy to the new decals. The number on the cultivator is B-74-12010.

Can anyone explain how they came up with the numbers? I would like to have all of them with a serial number rather than a blank spot on the decal, but the number does not fit with any manufacturing number patterns I am familiar with.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
663 Posts
The first 2 numbers are the year, so your cultivator is a 1974.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The B is probably the month, Feb.
I'll check the plow I got last year, it has a tag yet.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking online at other serial numbers, I would agree that the first two numbers are the year. However every tag I have seen starts with a B, so maybe that just stands for Brinly? I still would like to know what the last 5 digits are for, but maybe they don't dedicate any serial number to identify a specific attachement.

Ryan

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree, Every brinly attachment I have ever owned started with B. I don't think they had a number to identify what a specific attachment is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts