Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the color brochures in the Model Info section I've noticed that the implements using the sleeve hitch use the "Oval" Brinly decal and the 3-point uses the "Square" Brinly decal?

Shortly, I’ll be picking up a cultivator and a gang disc with sleeve hitch attachments, would they use the “Oval” decals? Or are the brochures just different model years?

If anyone could assist in the correct style and placement of the decals it would be a great help. From the brochures I can get an idea of where to put the Brinly name decals, but not the Serial/Model number decals.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey Joe...The early Brinly-Hardy Co., Louisville, KY (from the late 1950's into the mid 1970's) sleeve hitch attachments used a small, rectangular identification decal with a serial number. Is this the "square" Brinly decal that you're referring too ? The squared-off "BRINLY" lettered name decal was used in the late 1970's into the 1980's. In the late 1980's Brinly began using the NEW styled Brinly oval logo. And today, Brinly just uses the stylized red Brinly name over a red sweeping plow design. I hope this helps you out Joe?...Elliott

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elliott,

Great help thanks! I should have referred to them as rectangular, (company logo) but you understood me correctly, even if I got my tongue crossed with my typing fingers! I always try and find the paint shadow of the old decal, but sometime it just isn’t there.

Thanks again,

Joe

(Message edited by joe_jones on January 22, 2009)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
So if I’m understanding this correctly.
Up to late 70’s early 80’s.
Rectangle Font Brand Logo Electric blue

Early 80’s to recently
Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Automotive tire Clock

·
Registered
771 Posts
The oval decal was used in the 1960's. We have several 3pt brinly implements from 1969 that have the oval. I also have a integral hitch brinly plow with the oval decal that is a 1975, my grandfather bought it new with a 212.

Reactions: MiniHomesteader
1 - 5 of 5 Posts