When I got my 318, the fwd right hinge studs were also broken off. Both studs tore off from the hood but were still connected to each other. I sanded up both surfaces to be glued with 80 grit, and then cleaned with acetone. I used Plexus MA310 methacrylate adhesive to bond the chunk of fiberglass holding the studs back onto the hood. It seems bulletproof. I can post a pic if needed.
A forum community dedicated to Vintage John Deere Tractors owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about classic restorations, references, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!