Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, first visit and post on this great forum.

On to my problem. I have a JD GX75 9hp kawasaki powered mover that started running rough along with the rpm surging in all power settings.

I replaced fuel filter, spark plug, removed cleaned and replaced carb. The mower runs better but the rpm surge might be worse.

I tried adjusting the idle/mixture setting but no apparent change in rpm with even the most radical needle adjustment.

I have basic skills and would appreciate any help from the more knowledgeable.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

After the failure to get any response from the idle/mixture I
figured the carb change maybe the only fix. No carb kit is available
and needle seat not replaceable.

Where can I find engine model # or carb replacement # on the mower?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Because of an agreement between JD and Kawasaki the only place you can buy parts for a Kawasaki that started life in a JD is at a JD dealer and know you will get the correct part. I am sure other engines built by Kawasaki used the same part but there is no way to look it up and know for sure. You might be able to buy another place for less but if it doesn't work you will not be able to take the carb back and get your money back. That is why my 345 got a new $165 JD specified Kawasaki carb. For what its worth the Kawasaki number on the box doesn't show up in any Kawasaki parts book. Roger

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I keep getting an "invalid error" and this COOKIE=>'HASH(0x2791848)' everytime I try to post in Grant's 1969 110 rebuild thread

Anyone know why?

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Roger, I didn't expect you to have the answer. Those are two different web addresses, but the old one was this site a week ago. Today I noticed this same site has a new address, the second one listed. If you type in the old one, or click an old bookmark, you are redirected to the new address. There seems to be more to the crash then we have herd.

Kb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.