Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 112 that has a carter #20 carburetor. I am assuming this is a replacement carb. The problem is, is that the choke lever on the carb does not go back to its open position. I took the cable off and the lever does not move without me pushing it back up. Is there a spring or something that I am missing? The choke cable connects straight to the choke lever on the carb. Thanks!!

By the way, is this a rare carburetor?

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is a detent spring and ball on the side opposite the lever. You have to pull out the shaft to remove it. My 64 had the same issue but I ended up forcing the shaft too much and bent it. Can't find a new one to replace it. The replacement sold by Kohler has the lever 180 degrees from the original which requires modification of the choke cable. Take extreme care when removing the shaft and do not force it to rotate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You will have to take off the choke plate then you should be able to lightly tap the end of the shaft the drive it out. Once you are out of the detent it should easily slide out. Do not hit it too hard, light taps, they bend real easy. There is nothing holding the shaft in except the detent spring and ball. Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jason,
I assumed it would be a larger being a 112.
The back of the screws that hold the choke and throttle plates need to be ground off.
If this isn’t done than the chances of breaking them off is extremely high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.