Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 3 point set up from Bill Ruegg for my John deere 455. I will be installing it this weekend.

I want to purchase a Cat 1 3 Point Hitch Receiver Drawbar With weight bracket.

I found 2 big company's, TITAN Hitch and a HEAVY hitch, the prices between the 2 are quite different.
Attached is pictures of the 2 brands

I was wondering if anybody has purchased/used one of those brands? or has any other recommendations?

Thank you for any advice I can get.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,225 Posts
I have hear some negative things about Titan, but only positive things about Heavy Hitch. Over on GTT (Green Tractor Talk), they didn't have too much good to say about Titan. But I don't have any personal experience with either company.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently purchased a 3 point set up from Bill Ruegg for my John deere 455. I will be installing it this weekend.

I want to purchase a Cat 1 3 Point Hitch Receiver Drawbar With weight bracket.

I found 2 big company's, TITAN Hitch and a HEAVY hitch, the prices between the 2 are quite different.
Attached is pictures of the 2 brands

I was wondering if anybody has purchased/used one of those brands? or has any other recommendations?

Thank you for any advice I can get.
I looked at the Heavy Hitch, but the price was way beyond my budget. I found another at https://www.neatfarms.com that was well within my budget and works
very well! It also holds 9 weights, but it doesn't have the receiver, so if the receiver is important enough to spend another couple $hundred, that's up to you. I guess
you could weld one on and still have 8 weights, like the Heavy Hitch, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to purchase a Cat 1 3 Point Hitch Receiver Drawbar With weight bracket. I found 2 big company's, TITAN Hitch and a HEAVY hitch, the prices between the 2 are quite different. I was wondering if anybody has purchased/used one of those brands? or has any other recommendations? Thank you for any advice I can get.
Ruegg has a Cat 1 drawbar w/hitch, holds 6 weights. $145 Half the price of Heavy Hitch.

http://new.rueggmfg.com/drawbars.php

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.