Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a CAT1 frame for my Brinly 1200 3 point plow for my x720. When I added the 3 point frame to the x720 I thought CAT 1 would give flexibility for any future purchase of implements.

Terry Reed one of the moderators has specs for a CAT 0 but not CAT 1. He suggested posting the question here. On his
CAT 0 drawings, he had the 2" box metal 18", then add 1/2" thick flat stock to both sides. That made the overall total width 19".

Trying to figure out the width of the 2" box metal. I think it should be 24-25".

Thanks again!

Doug

·
Administrator
6,177 Posts
Doug, this International Standard (ISO) for 3 point hitches should help. It's in metric, so you have to convert that into inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
This may be a silly question as I've never looked at an x720, let alone the three point hitch for one, but does the hitch on your tractor not offer enough adjustment to pick up the plow directly with adapter bushings?

I guess I'm asking as much as I'm saying, because I really don't know, but it seems a lot easier than making a whole new frame.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Jake,

The Limited Category 1 hitch on my x497 (essentially the same as the later x700 series) was much happier with the proper width attachments. Here are some pictures of the load lifter to illustrate how a cat-1 specific tool fits.

3 point and load lifter detail view.jpg

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts