Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

With everything going on I have been working on some projects to keep me busy and earn some money.

First is a 3 point hydraulic tiller mount. I can build them for either a model 30 or model 42 tiller. I do need to know which tiller you have since the tillers have different dimensions and won't mount properly if you get the wrong one. Also included is the parking stand so you can prop your tiller up when not in use. Price is $175 plus shipping. Spee-Dee is my preferred service in the midwest with estimates around $20. Unfortunately my Fastenal is not accepting outside shipments at this time, so UPS has been good and shipping to the east coast for $65 or around $20 if you have a business account.

I am not currently requiring minimum order numbers, but it is the most cost effective for me to build in multiples of 4 to avoid cutting fees from the steel supplier.

I have also re-designed my load lifting hitch to be more cost effective to build and offer you all the best price. This hitch has a 2" receiver that is high mounted so you can leave your trailers at "truck height" and be able to pick them up. Even my little utility trailer I found sat high enough the low mounted hitch would not work well on. You can hold 6 weights comfortably. The forks are 24" long and I have found them to be a good length for most every use, and not to mention easier to ship. Both the fork and upright section of the forks will now be made of C-Channel. This is stronger and more cost effective than the 1/2" flat stock shown. I can also add a lower 2" receiver or a wagon hitch hole tab if desired. Here is how pricing will go:
$275 plus shipping for the hitch and forks
Add $10 for the lower 2" receiver
Add $5 for the wagon hitch hole.

Again, I am trying not to require minimum ordering, but orders of 4 will help keep costs down for material cutting.

PayPal or money order accepted. Cash and Pickup is always accepted in Portage, WI. If you have a special request shoot me a message and we can figure something out. PM is best for ordering since I will get the email notification.

Please feel free to leave comments on the design if you have suggestions. This has not been an overnight idea and I have tested and had others test these out with no complaints or critiques, so I am fairly firm on my design, but maybe one of you will have a brilliant idea.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
333 Posts
I may be interested in a Cat 0 Load Lifter. Hopefully others will chime in to get the price break you need

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Clarke212. I should have enough material left from Facebook orders to build a couple more. I will know for sure Wednesday and will update here.

Ryan

Reactions: clarke212

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price for the model 30 tiller mount shipped to Florida 34667? Thanks in advance!
Shipping to Florida is about $90 from UPS and FedEx. USPS was over $100.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to ship these large and heavy items cheaper I would love to learn. I have used and liked Fastenal but due to Covid my local offices are not accepting 3PL shipments.

Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clarke212 you are correct as long as the business has an account with the shipping company. I was able to ship one of the tiller mounts through UPS under the buyer's UPS business account and it only cost him $14.

It looks like I will have enough material to build a few more hitch forks. I have enough material left for one tiller mount, cut and ready to be put together at buyer's request.

Ryan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Price for the model 30 tiller mount shipped to Florida 34667? Thanks in advance!
Clarke212 you are correct as long as the business has an account with the shipping company. I was able to ship one of the tiller mounts through UPS under the buyer's UPS business account and it only cost him $14.

It looks like I will have enough material to build a few more hitch forks. I have enough material left for one tiller mount, cut and ready to be put together at buyer's request.

Ryan
Interested in Cat 0 hitch forks

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been able to confirm that the hitch can hold 6 weights. I am waiting on my replacement dry cut saw since that broke yesterday. I have one more order to fill from Facebook and then I can get with you guys. It may be a little slower until I get the new saw.

Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Those seriously interested in anything please send a PM. That way we can get shipping and payment straightened out. I can have a tiller mount ready to go by the end of the day and my new saw arrives tomorrow (8/21) so I can get back on the load lifters, which can be ready to ship out within a day. I have enough material to build 3 more at this time. I will need to pick up more steel if more people want a tiller mount, I have enough left for 1.

Thank,
Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have enough material cut and ready for assembly for the hitches and forks. Assembly will begin on monday so that any orders placed can be shipped out ASAP.

Reminder: Tiller mounts will be custom built since they are different depending if someone wants a model 30 or 42 mount. Typically I can put one together in a day plus paint dry overnight.

It also occured to me that someone may not want the forks and just the hitch to use as a receiver and weight bracket. If so please mention that in a PM and we can work something out. Not sure on price deduction yet and will have to check my receipts on steel prices.

Thanks all for your support
Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 5 Load Lifters assembled and ready to go. I have 1 tiller mount cut and ready for assembly pending what tiller model it will go on. If shipping outside of the Midwest, I will check in with Fastenal to see if they are accepting outside shipments again.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At this time I have not made provisions solely for a sleeve hitch adapter. What you could do is add the lower 2" receiver and then buy the 2" hitch to sleeve hitch adapter (I think Heavy Hitch makes one) and use that.

In the past there hadn't been enough interest in the sleeve hitch part of my design so that was removed in order to lower price for you.

Ryan

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Hello Ryan. Miss going to school everyday yet?

I bought a 332 with model 30 tiller. Has the original Deere mount. Could be in the market for 3ph mount. Assume your design is for a category 0 and I am a category 1 person. Should be similar design just wider distance between the lift arms.

Are you still making these? I am in no rush. Would just like to have before next spring. PM me if you need additional info ... Gabby

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gabby, do you know if the upper height is different as well? I can't find good information online about it. Maybe the difference, if any, is not enough to mean anything on the tiller mount. I can certainly get the lower width wider for the tiller mount, at least I will for you. I may have to go get more steel since I believe I already have the piece cut.

Might I also suggest, since you can move your arms in narrower, to leave it as Cat 0, and then just tighten the sway chains accordingly. this way I do not need to adjust my mount for a category of hitch I am not completely familiar with, and if you ever decide to sell the tiller, then you will have more potential buyers since Cat 0 is what these tractors originally came with.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts