Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Ryan, I do not think the spread between upper link and lower lift arms is a factor. Pivot ball bore and spread between lower lift arms are all I am aware of. I already have category 1 on my 318 and could get you some measurements on that. I already have 3ph for 318 and would prefer staying with it if I was keeping it but pretty sure it will be sold problem is I would have no way of moving it around if I went category 0. Might be best if I just forget about the 3ph bracket and advertise as is (original mount). Keep me in mind if you need one more to have enough for scheduling a build ... Gabby

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gabby thanks for reminding me about the hole sizes on Cat 1. Unfortunately at this time I do not have a 3/4" drill bit or a drill press big enough to spin it. Mine already has a hard enough time with the 5/8". Maybe in the future I will have the capacity to allow Cat 1 adaptations of my attachments.

Ryan

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
385 Posts
Would Cat 0 pins with bushings up to Cat 1 solve your head scratching?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Might.

I question the 28" spread reported on this chart. I had always thought spread was 26". Pins and bushing might work if lower lift arms can be narrowed to 20".

·
Registered
617 Posts
A suggestion for cheaper shipping: use Greyhound bus line if possible . Obviously this only works if the seller and buyer both have a Greyhound station fairly close . But I have used them in the past for items like car seats and bumpers and they were MUCH cheaper than the standard carriers . I have not shipped anything recently so prices may have changed .

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ryan, google up rotabroach cutters.
It's what I've used for years. I used them in my little craftsman drill press for the fel I put together. Drills clean holes and easier than a drill bit, plus they last a long time. I have the small kit, but it includes up to 3/4 in. There less than 100$. Theres a large kit also, but that's pricey.
I set my drill speed at the slowest belt setting and drill a 3/4 in hole very easy. If you get the down pressure just right, they make steel wool, lol.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bushings won't work on the tiller mount since that uses a pin just like you use for the top link.

Gabby I had thought 26" was correct also.

I have looked at Greyhound shipping, also called BusFreighter I believe. The hassle I had to go through just for a quote was ridiculous. Plus in the end the price was very comparable to USPS, which for my load lifters has always been the cheapest option outside the Midwest. Even Fastenal has quoted me more than all of the big three options.

Swirl those do look nice to use. Unfortunately the big issue i have with my drill press is the speed. Slowest I can go is around 800, which is part of the reason why I struggle with the 5/8" holes. Not really a power issue, just a speed problem. Once the stock of load lifters sell out and I'm ready for more the drill press is getting updated.

Ryan

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looking at photos they would, just have to not be to long.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think those cutters would be ok at 800 rpm.
Maybe ease up on the down pressure a bit.
I'm spinning at 620, I think and it cuts thru 1/4 in pretty quick with some pressure. And there still very sharp.
Anyway, just a fyi.
Nice work your doing on the accessories to.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
As of today I have 3 full fork sets built and ready to go out.

I also have one hitch part with no forks that could be purchased as a weight bracket and 2" receiver for $190 plus shipping. This is also built and ready to be shipped.

I have enough material left to build one more tiller mount. I do not build these ahead of time due to the buyer ordering for a model 30 or 42 tiller.

All of these will be sold before I start the next batch.

Thanks!
Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Another sale tonight. This leaves 2 full sets and 1 bare hitch.

Ryan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The last two load lifters are sold. I still have 1 bare hitch if anyone is interested or I will be incorporating that into the next batch. I am also using some feedback to potentially have an updated design. Although some of the requests are not possible or would make the price go up significantly, I am trying to come up with some happy medium solutions.

Thanks
Ryan

21 - 33 of 33 Posts