Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the deck drive belt on my neighbors lt 155 last year. He said he occasionally smelled a burning rubber smell and now the belt is chunked and unusable. Everything looks ok - is there a common problem on this deck that I should look for? The idler pulley has some bearing play but spins free. The tension arm and bushing have some slop worn in them but nothing that I can see that would cause this. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
You should have the manual in your email inbox.

The things to look for would be the normal things, condition of the pulleys, alignment, proper JD belt, etc. I personally don't like the Freedom Decks, but I hadn't heard of any recurring problems with them, except for getting them timed properly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - I'm pulling my hair out on this one. The cogged timing belt has worn a line through the belt cover. The only problem I can see is that the timing belt is riding on the highest part of the pulleys but it is still in time. I pulled everything apart and one idler sounds rough - spins nice and free but definitely sounds rougher than the rest. Both spindles might be bent? The pulleys oscillate up and down as the blades are turned. I'll put a magnet indicator on it later and see how much runout there really is but none of this should cause the belt to rub against the guard. There is one washer between each mounting stud and the pulley cover - is that correct? Nothing is obviously standing out on this one. Anyone run into this before?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does anybody know how to take lichen off of a dashboard? Thank you

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Is that the stuff that grows on steel/iron if left deep in the ocean................????

If so...........

Then you probably have other issues that likely may require addressing.

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I use bleach and water to take care of it on my garage roof. is it tractor safe? I don't know I wouldn't leave it too long though as corrosive. Hydrogen Peroxide works on mold, so that might be an Idea, but its an oxidizer too

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
First you need to get 2 caribou,but only one has to like it.If one likes it,then you have to tell 4 more.Once you have accumulated 36 caribou,they will in turn take care of the lichen.That's how we do it in the great white north anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.