Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't care at all for the immediate email that gets sent for every new post to something I'm following, started, or updated. How do I fix that?
What happened to the daily email summary digest of updated posts to threads I'm following? That's the right amount of email for me.

This is the same as MTF and I don't go there much as it does not flow well, is not intuitive, contains too much white space on the screen, etc.

·
Administrator
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't care at all for the immediate email that gets sent for every new post to something I'm following, started, or updated. How do I fix that?
What happened to the daily email summary digest of updated posts to threads I'm following? That's the right amount of email for me.

This is the same as MTF and I don't go there much as it does not flow well, is not intuitive, contains too much white space on the screen, etc.
At this time there isn't a daily or weekly digest option.

You can however change your preferences for email alerts.

Alerts/Notifications

A red dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site, indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings and then Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll down to “Receive a notification when someone…” and set your preferences.

For email alerts, scroll down to Content options and adjust your settings.

Make sure to click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
Just noticed that a thread from 2007 that I referenced as a reply in another post does not show the pictures and attachments in the body of the link -- is this a known issue?

Chuck

·
Registered
84 Posts
The website is now similar to others that I follow which is good. Also I can now log on and post messages whereas the previous site I could not. Lastly, why is there NO GARDEN TRACTOR picture in the header? This is a website about Weekend Freedom Machines (which are lawn and garden tractors) NOT Ag tractors. There are other sites for Ag tractors. At least get an appropriate header picture!

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Is there a way to 'mark as read' everything at once rather than having to do it section by section?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Grant, When you get on the website, click the "NEW" balloon on the right by your avatar. All new posts will be listed since your last visit. Scroll down, click & reads the ones you're interested in, and scroll past the ones you're not interested in. Once you've gone through them, go back to the top of the list and click, "Mark as read". A dialog box will come up asking if you're sure, click OK and done!

Once you get used to the site, it's really OK! Bob

·
Registered
445 Posts
Now that I've spent some time on here I have to agree with Bob, its really not bad after all. I suppose I was quick to dismiss the change but it's ok.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd like to echo the question/concerns about where is the registry and serial number lookup and to express my concern that it wasn't migrated to the new system. The registry and the serial number lookup are a unique, well used, well trusted, and well loved feature of WFM. It was the feature that convinced me to become a member of the forum and the feature that convinced me to send money a few times in the past. Please bring bach both the serial number look up and the registry.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do like the new look (and the ability to use dark mode) but do not like that the registry/lookup is gone. That was the main reason I used the site. Just doesn't feel right to me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
One suggestion is to open a different site that has the registry, model info, and serial # lookup on it. If it is possible and the data didn't get lost in the crossover. But based on your google reviews nothing will be changed.

Reactions: jake_vc

·
Administrator
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Why is there no icon displayed when you participated in a conversation, like their is on MTF & GTT?
You are referring to thread listings, is that correct?

- Cricket

P.S. Conversations refer to private messages.

·
Administrator
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I already have those set and saved, what I forgot; is that it looks like you have to logout then login again for them to actually take effect. It is not in effect with just setting them and saving, This might help others who are having issues with account settings not taking hold.

P.S. The eyeball Icon is now showing up since logging out and logging back into the site.

·
Administrator
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hii
i have not noticed whether or not the Registry has been reinstated. Would someone please update me? Thx
I don't believe that they were able to restore this for us.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I keep getting reroutes lately. Here and over on MTF. Just scrolling through a thread and all the sudden a “5 billionth search!” Comes up with some bogus website.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
21 - 40 of 72 Posts