Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 110 apart 3+ years ago for a complete repair/replace/clean/paint operation. The transaxle and engine are assembled and operating; the wiring harness is "together". All other parts are in a single layer on my basement floor and ready for reassembly.

If you have reassembled a tractor in this condition, your procedures and insights would be welcomed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
100_2108.jpg
I start putting them back together with the frame upside down on sawhorses. I put the brake shaft and the rock shaft in first and related parts. then I flip it over and install the steering gear and pedestal
100_2109.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Ha Ha Looks good though. Thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Ed does his the way that I've done a frame up job. The worst part as I remember was getting the springs stretched and re-attached. I also took a bunch of pictures as I disassembled things. I might have some of the pictures that I could email to you. I've just got to locate them on the computer as I've been having file directory problems. If this might help you, send me your email address.
Mitch

Reactions: rtrula

·
Registered
81 Posts
Before I started mine I read somewhere, "take a ton of photos when you disassemble and later you will realize you didn't take enough." And, I took a ton, and later realized I didn't take near enough. Anyway, I can assure you if you get stuck somewhere there is someone on this forum that has a photo to get you back on track.

Also, no replacing having the manuals. They are all available online and I emailed them all to Staples to have them printed and three hole punched. I've spent hours reading through them to understand how this thing works and goes back together. Most part numbers in the parts manual are still good. Look for the 110 service manual, the 110 parts manual, and the Kohler service manual ( 65 use Kohler? I have a 66 ).

Here is my status:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts