Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Agree with those before that is a beautiful restore and an amazing package. Also agree that it would be tough to move as a complete package without taking a bath. Unless to someone who is strictly looking to collect, hard to see that there would be much market for everything to one buyer.

A package of packages might be one strategy to reduce the hassle of selling individual pieces. What I mean by that is listing the tractor for a certain amount. If purchased with "estate"package of rear mower front weight bracket and tiller this discount applies. If purchased with "snow"package of cab, front hitch, pto, blade and blower this discount applies. A "lawn and leaf" package could include the MCS. And so on. You don't appear to have anything that uses the rear pto. Given how crazy the prices on those are these days and that it is easily shipped, that might be something worth selling alone.

Funny you find yourself in this situation for having bought a 1025 and zero turn. I was talking to a buddy recently about an older kubota i came across on craiglist that was 14hp, 2 cylinder diesel and weighed about 600lbs. I was lamenting that there is nothing available new in that basic configuration. He mentioned that Messicks, the Kubota people with a decent internet presence recently published an opinion piece that held that the rise of the SCUT and z-turn machines had effectively killed the entire garden tractor market segment.

Reactions: Merc1973

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. You may be on to something selling that way...
The main point is try to create as much incentive as possible for someone to come with a "big" trailer to minimize transactions.

Also should point out, not that you dont already know, that your blade, blower and broom can all work on the 1025. You'll need pto shaft BLV10899 for the blower and broom plus all the 1025 quick hitch and pto hardware.

Reactions: mjydrafter
1 - 2 of 2 Posts