Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Now that is a nice tractor with unique/rare options! Nice job! I also have never heard of anyone who bought a zero turn mower that didn't say it was a big time saver and they would never go back to the old tractor style.

I really don't have a need for any type of riding mower, much less a 332, but I enjoy "bringing them back to life" as a hobby, so I am on my 5th 332. It always amazes me how folks try to sell garden tractors. In my experience the photos are poor, there is "stuff" packed around and on the tractor, the machine is dirty, usually has a least one flat tire, and is described with phrases like: "It ran when it was parked."

My father sold cars for years. He always told me that to sell a car all it had to do was start, stop, and shine. I have found that is also true of garden tractors, but timing and flexibility is also a big consideration. I recently tried to sell a 332 at the end of the mowing season. I didn't even get a nibble. As a result, I bought a 49 snow thrower (since we live in the snow belt) and relisted it with a price of with the tractor, mower and snow thrower, or without the snow thrower. I got a hit the second day. During the initial price negotiations, as usual, a much lower price was offered. I replied that for the offer the snow thrower would not be included. The secondary offer was at a number I was comfortable with, and included the snow blower. It is also a good sign when the purchaser is pulling a trailer when he shows up to look at the tractor!

The moral of the story is appearance (which yours certainly has), desirable options, timing to the season, and up front pricing options in the ad have always worked well for me. If it doesn't sell the first time, rethink your listing and/or timing, describe it differently, and relist it. Although patience is not one of my strong suits, the above has always worked well for me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm looking for some input/ideas.

I've got a 1989 332 with a little over 1000 hours. 5 years ago I completely disassembled it. Painted the frame and hood, powder coated all of the sheet metal (mower deck, chute, and belt covers too). The engine needed nothing, so I didn't touch it. Radiator was re-cored, new fan, new engine mounts, charging system renewed, etc... You name it, I did it. I wanted to build a fully optioned machine, so I added a suspension seat (w/new bushings), rear 2000 PTO, rear hydraulics, H3, 3 Pt hitch, front weight bracket (makes a GREAT bumper), & the transport links for the mower deck. The 50" mower was totally rebuilt. Bearings, speed-up pulley, wheels, etc...

My implements consist of the 2-bag powerflow, 3 bag power pak w/Honda motor, Hydraulic dump MCS w/Kawasaki motor, 250 rear mower, front quick hitch, 47" quick hitch blower, 54" quick hitch front blade, 52" quick hitch broom (that was disassembled, powder coated, new bearings, new bristles), TY15380 cab, 42" hydraulic tiller (3 Pt mount), wheel weights & chains.

This was going to be my "forever" tractor. But, I've found my Z930R to be a faster and better cutting/bagging machine, my 1025R has proven to be quicker for swapping attachments. And storing all of this stuff takes A LOT of space. I'm really considering selling it all, but I wonder, is there a market for a package like this?

I could probably spend the next 12 months and sell a piece at a time. I really don't to do that. I'd like to send it all to one buyer. With the SCUT market nowadays, is there still a demand for this machine and all of its pieces? I looked through the old classifieds and didn't really find anything comparable to what I've got. Maybe this is one of those situations that has to be parceled out, I don't know. What would you folks do? Below is a pic of it right afterI finished the restore.

View attachment 285819 View attachment 285819
Awesome museum quality!

·
Registered
66 Posts

I've got a 1989 332 with a little over 1000 hours. 5 years ago I completely disassembled it. Painted the frame and hood, powder coated all of the sheet metal (mower deck, chute, and belt covers too). The engine needed nothing, so I didn't touch it. Radiator was re-cored, new fan, new engine mounts, charging system renewed, etc... You name it, I did it. I wanted to build a fully optioned machine, so I added a suspension seat (w/new bushings), rear 2000 PTO, rear hydraulics, H3, 3 Pt hitch, front weight bracket (makes a GREAT bumper), & the transport links for the mower deck. The 50" mower was totally rebuilt. Bearings, speed-up pulley, wheels, etc...

My implements consist of the 2-bag powerflow, 3 bag power pak w/Honda motor, Hydraulic dump MCS w/Kawasaki motor, 250 rear mower, front quick hitch, 47" quick hitch blower, 54" quick hitch front blade, 52" quick hitch broom (that was disassembled, powder coated, new bearings, new bristles), TY15380 cab, 42" hydraulic tiller (3 Pt mount), wheel weights & chains.

This was going to be my "forever" tractor. But, I've found my Z930R to be a faster and better cutting/bagging machine, my 1025R has proven to be quicker for swapping attachments. And storing all of this stuff takes A LOT of space. I'm really considering selling it all, but I wonder, is there a market for a package like this?

I could probably spend the next 12 months and sell a piece at a time. I really don't to do that. I'd like to send it all to one buyer. With the SCUT market nowadays, is there still a demand for this machine and all of its pieces? I looked through the old classifieds and didn't really find anything comparable to what I've got. Maybe this is one of those situations that has to be parceled out, I don't know. What would you folks do? Below is a pic of it right afterI finished the restore.

Definitely, we would love to see the pictures of the attachments. I had the same tractor and never knew you could purchase these different attachments. Who knows you might get some hits on WFM,

·
Premium Member
10,245 Posts
Hondo,

...and then there are the attachments that can be modified or fabricated from scratch that also make the 322/332 tractors so useful -- like a front bucket or even a full FEL, a center blade, a landscape rake, etc. The hydraulic tiller is often called a 30H since its base width is 30 inches, but a 12 inch extension was available to make it a 42 inch width. In later years there was a different 42 inch hydraulic tiller for more current models of Deere garden tractors, and of course there is the 48 inch mechanical tiller.

Here are some shots of my 322 with tiller, front bucket, center blade attached...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Riding mower Plant Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Chuck

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd start at $7000 and be ready to go down, Keeping in mind that the photo of the restore is 5 years old. It really depends on how badly you want to rid yourself of it....

Hondo,

...and then there are the attachments that can be modified or fabricated from scratch that also make the 322/332 tractors so useful -- like a front bucket or even a full FEL, a center blade, a landscape rake, etc. The hydraulic tiller is often called a 30H since its base width is 30 inches, but a 12 inch extension was available to make it a 42 inch width. In later years there was a different 42 inch hydraulic tiller for more current models of Deere garden tractors, and of course there is the 48 inch mechanical tiller.

Here are some shots of my 322 with tiller, front bucket, center blade attached...
View attachment 286074 View attachment 286075
View attachment 286076

Chuck
Overall, it looks better & completely overhaul than the one I had.
I know you don’t want to piece it out but that’s the easiest way to start advertising. I heard the west coast they fetch a premium compared to the east coast. I started here in the classified “For Sale” that’s my first go to spot then Mytractorforum.com Good luck!

·
Registered
411 Posts

Sent you a message

21 - 35 of 35 Posts