Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know for sure what’s its off of originally. Cozy cab can’t tell me. If anyone knows can you let me know? Can’t read serial number.
All steel, lights, wiper, rear sliding window, steel side doors.
said brackets modified to fit a 318. ????

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Yellow Bumper

Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Bumper Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rolling stock Yellow Asphalt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it look like this?
About the closest I’ve seen. But not full glass on bottom front panel. I was going to put it on my 332 but haven’t even tried it as I just fully repainted the tractor and don’t want to risk scratching it up
I’ll post some measurements I took which gives some idea of style.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Your's looks like the same cab as the one on my blower 400. Just a different swing up on the front. Mine is all glass. Actually it's all plexi now. The original safety glass imploded into bits and pieces one day. It was sitting in the shop on a hot summer day in late Aug. I was being proactive for a change and working on getting it ready for winter. I had just lowered the glass and was walking away when it suddenly made a crumbling noise and disintegrated. It was fairly tight but I didn't have to jam it closed or put much tension on it. It acted like some sort of chain reaction but whatever the cause some pieces ended up 30 ft away. So there was some force to it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bad glass! Bad!
Green Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gas

To mount it I lay it on it's back in my old Ranger box, bolt it loosely to the rear mounts and flip it over. I can do it myself if I eat a good breakfast. This method is much easier and less clumsy than lifting and lowering the cab with a cherry picker or a boom of some sort. Some scratching to the tractor (especially the fenderpan) seems inevitable though unless you're really careful. If possible it might be better to acquire another fenderpan that isn't nice cosmetically so you can experiment with it.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like someone might have made that front lower glass from plexi glass if it broke
This glass is laminated in the rubber gasket. Army’s glass was tempered and that’s what happens with it when hit on the edge. It’s 10x stronger than normal glass but when she breaks she blows up! That’s why windshields here are laminated safety. As a glazier I owned a glass shop for a number of years. Cut many a replacement safety glass for broken tempered pieces😂 when no frame around it probably best to replace with plexiglass tho.
I will try the old pencil lead trick but I don’t think there is any serial number left on this one.
would like to sell it to someone that could use it. Skid steer more comfortable and warmer and moves the snow quicker on my 300’ drive.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
The sound the safety glass made when it disintegrated was unique, to me anyway. Never heard it before but I've also never had glass crumble spontaneously like that either.

There were some wacky looking Cozy Cabs made in the early days. This one always comes to mind. I'd wear a balaclava so nobody would recognize me.
Wheel Tire Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
😂yah. Scare the life out of a guy! Keepow!
had it happen a few times over the years. Tempered is under pressure and when it blows— nothing left. Take a self loaded center punch and snap it on a piece and see what happens. Good tool to have in the glove compartment to break a side door glass or back glass in an emergency.
that is quite the looking cab. Bit cool without that side window too.
that a heater on the front left?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
😂yah. Scare the life out of a guy! Keepow!
had it happen a few times over the years. Tempered is under pressure and when it blows— nothing left. Take a self loaded center punch and snap it on a piece and see what happens. Good tool to have in the glove compartment to break a side door glass or back glass in an emergency.
that is quite the looking cab. Bit cool without that side window too.
that a heater on the front left?
On those tractors, that would be where the manual lift handle would be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts