Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about starting a thread where you can list the non-Deere parts that interchange for our tractors. The plan would be for people to submit useful substitutes, and for me to add them to the top message.

I'll start:
Online Parts Sources:
HAPCO, iSaveTractors - Your Source for Kohler K Engine Parts and Vintage Garden Tractor Restoration Tips, Videos, Articles, and How To's, Auxhyd.com

Engine Parts
Onan Part # interchange:
- You can always get the Onan engine parts directly from Cummins/Onan by knowing that the part number shown in the Deere PC Parts Catalog has an extra prefix of "HE" appended to the front of the Onan part number, and this direct sourcing can save substantial money. For instance a flywheel (HE 134-4633) from Deere would cost a whopping $1,140.01 at GreenFarmParts, but as the Onan number of 134-4633 Onan Parts has it for $249.99.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oil filters and Hydraulic filters:

Deere 322, 332 and 300 Yanmar oil filter:
-Purolator L14612

Hydrostatic transmission filter:
-WIX Filters - 57102 Heavy Duty Spin-On Hydraulic Filter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electrical and Spark Plugs

PTO Clutch Pulley Bearing 316, 317, 318, 322, 330, 332, 420, 430: AM39420
- 60092RS (standard part number)

Deere 330 and 332 glow plugs M87919
NGK Y103V (Quick-start type conventional glow plug)
NGK Y702R (Self-regulating type)

1156 headlight socket for 300 series (for replacing single socket)
Dorman 85827

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Body Parts:

Fender/Body Mount (M76270):
Reid Supply Company B002I0041K :

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
No thanks. I buy my parts from Deere. They warranty the parts and if they cause damage to tractor you have a better chance going back against Deere than you do Purolator. The only time I go outside is if part I need is NLA from Deere.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To reach their own. I'll buy reputable parts that interchange for non-critical items.

My most recent example is the glow plugs: $34.98 each from Deere, replacement NGK with exact same physical dimensions and resistance was $5.89, and available at a local parts store.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Oil and filters are things I will not sub. My Case and Bobcat machines thrive on Deere hydraulic oil. I know Deere does not refine their own oil but again if there is a problem they will stand behind it. To each his own.

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Registered
580 Posts
Personally depends on cost, availability, and quality.
Do research and buy the best product in ones budget.

Engine oils whatever’s decent mainly since we a put low hours on stuff. But hydraulic fluid is all Deere hygard.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
While this is not strictly a non-Deere source hint, you can always get the Onan engine parts directly from Cummins/Onan by knowing that the part number shown in the Deere PC Parts Catalog has an extra prefix of "HE" appended to the front of the Onan part number, and this direct sourcing can save substantial money. For instance a flywheel (HE 134-4633) from Deere would cost a whopping $1,140.01 at GreenFarmParts, but as the Onan number of 134-4633 Onan Parts has it for $249.99.

Chuck

·
Registered
580 Posts
While this is not strictly a non-Deere source hint, you can always get the Onan engine parts directly from Cummins/Onan by knowing that the part number shown in the Deere PC Parts Catalog has an extra prefix of "HE" appended to the front of the Onan part number, and this direct sourcing can save substantial money. For instance a flywheel (HE 134-4633) from Deere would cost a whopping $1,140.01 at GreenFarmParts, but as the Onan number of 134-4633 Onan Parts has it for $249.99.

Chuck
A lot of stuff is that way, many parts are used by multiple brands. Our disc mower is a Kuhn but Deere also sold them painted green so all parts are identical but pricing is wildly different even through the same dealer (GFP/Reynolds)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Chuck
Great contribution, adding it to the top message.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hapco, iSaveTractors, Auxhyd.com are some other parts suppliers who sell quality items.

Reactions: Toehead

·
Registered
580 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts