Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, @Fox Run Farms was bidding on a couple of things on an online auction. I found the auction and bid on a couple things. I was the high bidder on a David Bradley walk behind tractor. I bought it thinking the other one I bought at a Mecum Auction$$$ needed a hood. This one had a good looking hood. The auction only had 1 pic of the unit. The one from the Mecum Auction didn't come from the factory with a hood I learned this morning. meh.

From what I can find online this one is probably a 1946 model, Series 106, model 917 5751. It has a 3hp Tecumseh on it. Clearly not stock. So far the engine doesn't run. It had spark, now it does not have spark. I guess it didn't like having air blown around the flywheel. I was hoping to improve the spark.

Now here I sit with yet another David Bradley, they are neat little contraptions. I don't yet know what I'm going to do with it. I may have other motors laying around if I don't get this one running. I don't like that it's a 3 hp and should have a 6 on it. I do have a 24 hp Kohler EFI laying around the shop. :ROFLMAO:

SO, if you are still reading does any one know anything about these units?

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
That's unfortunate. I learned the hardway to always check stuff out before I bid.... It saved my back a few times. Obrien's is a little bit easier for me to check out, than you. You could easily get your money back as is for what I see prices going for. Harbor frieight has some 6hp gokart engines for about 230.00 馃槈

I found this link. Collection 17 antique garden tractors etc. - farm & garden - by...

Maybe the guy would let you pull a better engine?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got enough engines around to put something else in it. I'm not done playing with the Tecumseh yet. I might even come up with parts to fix it, if it needs it. I have to be getting close to having more projects than I have life left.

But, I do blame you. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
They were quite popular here back in the day. They were lite enough to not sink in the muck soil and could cover a fair amount of ground. Unfortunately never took a liking to them.

Registered
They were quite popular here back in the day. They were lite enough to not sink in the muck soil and could cover a fair amount of ground. Unfortunately never took a liking to them.
Same here. I find them very interesting especially with all the different attachments and the brush hogs. But not interesting enough to get into them, at the same point a person who has a dozen of these and looking at us thinking " what's so interesting about garden tractors"

Registered
Here's a pic of the other one I own. I never did any research on it. Played around with it a bit and put it in the barn.
View attachment 288164
Looks great. Before my accident I thought about one with a brush hog or sickle mower to maintain my trails, but now some sort of pull behind will be best for me. I'm amazed by the different attachments offered. At one time before the b I was working on a sleeve hitch for my atv to use attachments like those.

Registered
Looks great. Before my accident I thought about one with a brush hog or sickle mower to maintain my trails, but now some sort of pull behind will be best for me. I'm amazed by the different attachments offered. At one time before the b I was working on a sleeve hitch for my atv to use attachments like those.
I had 4' wide spike tooth harrow and disc I used to work up the riding ring with when we had horses. Pulled them with the 110.

Reactions: Fox Run Farms

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been finding bits and pieces of info. The earlier one had a smaller motor, either a Briggs or Continental. The horsepower was in the range of 1.75 to 2.5. I wonder how accurate the HP info is. It makes some sense when loosely compared to the tractors of that era.

Registered
I've got enough engines around to put something else in it. I'm not done playing with the Tecumseh yet. I might even come up with parts to fix it, if it needs it. I have to be getting close to having more projects than I have life left.

But, I do blame you. :ROFLMAO:
Too many projects isn't bad haha. I'm trying to remember what I had laying around during my accident that my dad, friends and neighbor's would've had to piece together for the wife's auction if something more serious would've happened.

You can blame me, it's okay. It's all part of the hobby. My neighbor's wife blames me a lot for his buys " just because you find something for sale, doesn't mean you need to show him". I blame him for me getting me into the hobby.........if it wasn't for him though you guys wouldn't have the privilege of knowing me on here :LOL:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the Tecumseh to run on carb cleaner. Don't ask how much time I spent playing around with it. :whistle: The carb is shot, rusty and stuck. I found some parts in the barn. I may try a different carb, I found 3 others. The gas tank is rusty. If I continue I may make one to fit in the holder.

Why, why do I keep playing with this thing? I have another. If I was smart I'd just part it out and make a few hundred bucks. The back of my mind says, I ain't that smart and the challenge is kinda fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts