Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD212 with at 47" deck and an electric lift. I read the manual and it says to move the electric lift lever to the full up position and then turn the Deck Depth Control knob counter clockwise as far as it will go. Then adjust the thumb know on the lift control to the height that is desired. Use the electric lift lever to lower the deck. It never states to do anything more with the Deck Depth Control. Am I to assume that with an electric lift that this control is not used when in a mower deck operation?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Maybe it's different with an electric lift. On the manual lift, you raise the deck all the way and turn the depth control knob CW or CCW to raise/lower the deck stop...you're basically setting where the deck will stop in its up/down travel. You have to figure out how low it's going now, raise the deck all the way and turn the know to raise or lower the "stop" to the deck/blade height you want.
Works the same way on the hydro JD garden tractors with hydraulic lift.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's an adjustment for deck depth on the electric lift side panel. It's item C in the attached picture. You effectively disable the manual knob (the one by the shifter) by turning completely CW. Then, use the one on the side electric lift panel instead.

Not sure if you have the rear lift, but this is only valid for the mower deck or front implements. If you have a rear implement, such as a tiller, you should use the knob on the back of the tractor to set the depth.

Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts