Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a Deere 47 blower, the old heavy version, for my 322.

I was wondering if anything had any tips or tricks for attaching. I have never attached one or anything to the front of my tractor before. I understand the basic concept, but with a beast like this I doubt you can just man-handle it into place.

I search and was unable to find anything, so any input, tips & tricks, or other things to consider would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
If I remember right Matthew,at the start of the 2014 snow removal thread KB and someone else swapped some tips

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
I found storing it on a pallet worked perfectly. it allow you to drive out when disconnecting it, and drive right in to re-connect it. I had a 420, and a 430. With the 300 series having the drive pulley in the general area, you should look at clearance closely. once you drive in and get the bottom pins in the hooks, you can connect the lift cylinder lines and use the hydraulic lift to line up the spring pins at the top of the mount

I took one off a 318 to sell yesterday, and that was a bit of a project using a floor jack to get it off the front. the buyer wasn't much help either as he just wanted to see how it worked. I think with two people you could muscle it into place. by yourself, I wouldn't do it without a furniture dolly, or having it sitting on a pallet already

1 - 3 of 3 Posts