Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to install some lug tires on my 314 and I seen some Deestone tire, has anyone ever used them what do you think about them? I know there are only a few tire manufactures in the world so some big name is making them,but don't know who. They were 6 ply and worked out to about 64.00 dollars each.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi Tony,
We have a pair of 23x 8.50 Deestones on our restored 112 round fender. They have never really see any hard duties except for driving in shows. The only thing I find about them is that they are more "roundish" than the sets of Tru Powers that we have here. I personally prefer the Tru Powers but we got the Deestones as the Price Was Right. I am sure the Deestones will give the same performance as any other Ag Tires just on your own personal preference.

Deestones

Tru Powers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope I have placed this question in the correct area. I have a deere 455 with no serial plates on it, its a very rough looking machine. I need to replace the ignition module on this machine and have read that I first need to know the serial number of the machine. What would happen if I bought a module that suits a different serial number machine. Would it still work? The ignition module I have is badly weathered and is no longer engaging the mid PTO
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Matt are you sure it is an ignition module? I don't think diesels have a tradition ignition. They use engine compression for ignition. Maybe you need a different kind of module. Fuel shut off for example? Roger

·
Registered
673 Posts
Matt, This serial number problem will probably keep coming up as long as you own your machine. Maybe you could post the serial number on your engine and ask if any members with numbers close to your's would give their tractor serial number, you could possibly get a approximate number for your machine. Call or write JD for help. The engine number is the key to tracking it down. Also, if you read the service manual for the 455, there may be references to certain changes by serial numbers and check your machine for those changes to help narrow it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.