Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to get job leads, I re-signed up for a site called LinkedIn. I am hoping this go around is better than my previous one.
For anyone here who has used the site, did you do well there/get the results you wanted or no?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Years back I singed up and thought it might be helpful but mostly it was a waste of my time. I got nothing from it. Best of luck to you hope your experience is better than mine was.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
I have found that LinkedIn has been useful in keeping contact with folks I have met at various international conferences and standards meetings (particularly those from out of the country...) as well as with colleagues in past industries and companies. I use the messaging only occasionally, but still look at it a few times a week even though I am retired now. It has changed formatting a number of times over the years and it is not always intuitive on how to access some of the features after these "improvements" but I get by...

I have hundreds of Connections and have been active in several Groups -- the latter can be useful to track industry activities such and standards meetings, conventions, etc.

Similar to other social media sites it can get a bit polarized and political (but much less so than the ego-driven ones that are essentially useless due to these sorts of distractions...)

I have never used LinkedIn specifically as a means of searching for employment, but do find it a good way to get information on various companies where prior colleagues and other Connections are presently working, etc.

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts