Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Driveshaft rebuild

503 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Ern
Hi,I am new to this sight and thought I saw a thread on rebuilding U-joint but not able to find it. where do you fined parts?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Hi Ernie,
Welcome to the site! Not sure what parts you are looking for. or what tractor. The u joint it self at least for the 300 and 400 series are available from Deere all of the joints Deere used in the garden tractors might be the same I don't know. If you are looking for a yoke you will need to look for a used one. You might post in the want ads or look on the auction site.
Maybe this is the thread you are looking for: http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/335/123791.html?1163820738
yes its a 1980 JD 400,keyway is sloppy at the trans end and u-joint stiff on that end.Thats the info I was looking for Harold,thanks.Went to JD today and priced parts to do a conversion to put 420 U-joints and yokes at $90 + $90 at drivetrane shop,OUCH. Thanks all,Ernie
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.