Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Scott,
I think the dual set ups look neat. We run duals on our big farm tractors and when we take them of, they look strange at first. As for the size, that would probably be a toss up. The bigger the tire the harder it is on your axles on hard surfaces. But if you are using them on loose dirt like in a garden it would be okay. I have a 140 set up with 26x12x12 on it and would love to put a set of duals on it the same size. I think Jim Fennrow had a tractor set up with duals on it, and I believe they were 23x10.50x12s. It looked really neat.
Let us know what you end up with!!
Take care Tom B.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Scot and Tom,

I ran 23x8.5x12's on the rear of that 140 I had. I miss it now but all it did was sit in my garage and look pretty. I had just bought thin rims and tri ribs for the front prior to selling. I think the 10.5's would be too wide but "to each his own".

(Message edited by kkortman112 on December 04, 2005)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've been giving some thought to duals as well.

Jim - What size rims are those 23x8.5-12 on? Where did you get the dual extensions?

Scot - Guess it would depend on the tractor you're putting the duals on?

I'm with Jim I would prefer the narrower tires.

Some images from the gallery:

I think 23x10.5-12 are a bit much.

Kenneth

·
Banned
78 Posts
Scott, I too have thought about duals on a L+G tractor and will be following this thread. I have one pair of narrow rims with General 6-12 bar tires mounted and have thought about a second pair but haven't figured out the dual-wheel adapter/spacer yet. I was thinking it might be a good place to hide some weight. If any one has a picture and some specs that would be great. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have some tractors set up with the smaller 6x12 tires on them. The wider tire make the tractor very wide out back. Jim Fernow's set up with the 8.5 tires came out nice also. I supplied him the other brand adapters to do this. They bolt through the inner hubs and wheels and then you use the lugs for the outer wheel. They were a factory option for the other yellow tractors, but work on any tractor with same lug wheels. I have them made up for either size tire spacing with the hardware to mount them. They do make a neat outfit.If anyone needs some contact me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to put them on my 140 H3, I will be using narrow tires and rims with some pro made spacers. I was just wondering if the rest of you had a preference on one or the other. I really like the way they look. I am not going to be plowing snow with them on or snowblowing.

I don't guess I would ever put duals on the front as in the one pic, maybe just for a show but that has to be really hard on the equipment. No thanks. As for hiding the lbs. I agree.

Thanks for the input to all of you.

Scot

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys, please contact Mark Moritz if you want the right set up for doing the duals. He is the "Deere Guru" of the East Coast. At least he is to me. Dang good guy to do business with.

Mark - I assume you got my check(?) Got some snow tonight but not enough to break the 318 Beast out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tim,
Here is a 318 that I had 23x8.5-12 duals on a few years ago. For spacers we had 3 or 4 weights we bought from Dicks Sporting Goods. We drilled 4 holes to put threaded rod through to connect the two rims. We had to make a hole in the center of the inside weight to make clearance for the nut for the axle. It was only a couple inches wider than the blade when it was angled, but when it was straight the blade was wider. If you guys want more details, let me know, we still have the weights and rods, but they're not on a tractor, so it you need numbers or measurements I will try to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scot,
I ask $90 a pair plus shipping for them. The lengths are either 7 or 9 inches long. If you are interested I still have some sets left to get rid of. If you need to change them they can easily be shortened by a weld shop. Email me if interested.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was wondering if anybody knew if the rear click-n-go brackets for the baggers and weight bracket setup on a 455 were compatible with the three point hitch on a 455. I would like to add a three point to my 455 but want to make sure they will not interfere. My bagger is the click-n-go setup as well as my rear weight bracket.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
538 Posts
I believe they will work for your 455. I have both on my X728 and the tractor are very similar. If I remember correctly, the click n go brackets go on the outside of the frame, where as the hitch brackets are on the inside. I had to use longer bolts when I put it together though.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Bumping for dual rear ideas.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Scot,
I ask $90 a pair plus shipping for them. The lengths are either 7 or 9 inches long. If you are interested I still have some sets left to get rid of. If you need to change them they can easily be shortened by a weld shop. Email me if interested.
Hey Mark,

Do you still have any of these?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.