Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to travel to look at a friends JD Sabre that won't move. It stopped last summer and has sat since. What I know from a phone conversation is it can be pushed (freewheel) with the gear selector in any position. With it running and regardless of gear selector position, it does nothing when the pedal is released. No noises (grinding)other than the motor running.
I'm not too familiar with these as mostly I tinker with the older Deeres.
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
E.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Eric -

Sounds like maybe the motion drive belt is broken / slipped off / associated tensioner , or idler pulley gone out . Best to start looking at the belt situation first , as I'm sure the Sabre' manual trans-axle has to be belt driven .

Dave

·
Registered
809 Posts
Anyone on here had any luck redyeing a yellow seat for their patio. I'm in the process of building a 74 110 with a different look. We have painted it all black with jd green rims with gator chrome hub centers that took some machining to install. Wanting to dye seat green to continue different look. Where to get dye and what kind to buy would be a big help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just used Dupont's vinyl color system, for a red patio seat. Bought a pint was more than enough cost around $80. No matter what you use the seat must be CLEAN, or else the paint wont hold up, stick.
Corey

·
Registered
809 Posts
Corey, seat does look good. Did you buy paint from an automotive paint distributor that carries Dupont? My wife works for the local Deere dealer, so I will be purchasing one through them. Sure is nice to get parts at 10% over cost.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Paint was bought from automotive paint distributor that mixs DuPont. they mixed the color while I waited. My seat is semi-gloss, but if I could do it again I would get gloss. But that's just me.
Corey

·
Super Moderator
4,313 Posts
I know nothing about dying but I'll go ahead and ask this question. Would it help to top coat with a clear to enhance the color like they do on cars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.