Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
I’d be dubious of that foam air filter. Should be a 2 stage paper element style for the 332. They don’t have much info about the air filter, like how good it actually filters and all. I’d stick with JD for the air filter and diesel fuel filter, and a good aftermarket for the oil filter or the JD oil filter. It’s only about 26$ more dollars from JD for the same set.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
There are 2 types of 332 air filter depending on serial number. The early models use the self contained filter shown, which is a little cheaper in price than the later, 2 stage filter...which is also used on the 430 and 322 with the gas Yanmar engine. I learned this while working on my derelict 332 project...which uses the earier self contained filter. I'd price the separate components in that kit and check where they're made b4 purchasing. Sometimes a cheaper price returns a cheaper/marginal product. Caveat emptor.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
While not a garden tractor, still important.
What can happen with knock off parts.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Whatever happened with that 332?
Still at the diesel injection shop...last contact yielded "I can't figure this out." Plus, all components are working...from fuel pump to injection pump...but still not answering the throttle...just a steady idle after it starts.
Starting to wonder if the aliens took the shop...no reply to my calls. Work is nutz right now, but getting disgusted enough to drive down there and repo it...maybe in pieces?? Film at 11...maybe.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Another quick Q? if I can add that here - I did order the two piece filter canister to swap out my one piece filter. That setup has plug for a filter indicator which is pricey with Deere - $70. Is there a decent aftermarket part or should I just plug it off and check filter periodically. The tractor does not get a lot of use.

· Registered
8 Posts
There are 2 types of 332 air filter depending on serial number. The early models use the self contained filter shown, which is a little cheaper in price than the later, 2 stage filter...which is also used on the 430 and 322 with the gas Yanmar engine. I learned this while working on my derelict 332 project...which uses the earier self contained filter. I'd price the separate components in that kit and check where they're made b4 purchasing. Sometimes a cheaper price returns a cheaper/marginal product. Caveat emptor.
Just curious - I bought the Deere two piece filter and trimmed hose to fit. Came looking like this - appears the plug for the air gauge is filled - with something hard. Thought that was odd - thought I would have to put threaded plug on there? Should I still put a cap over that anyway ?

Water Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

· Registered
573 Posts
I would cap it to be safe.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: dhager4692

· Registered
5,072 Posts
sintered metal in that port, so in case user dont have a gauge, wont dust the engine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts