Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Andre',

Always like to see your 318 and trailer, since they are good examples of your craftsmanship. Been meaning to ask -- is the "3048" model badge on your trailer a nod to its being 30 inches wide and 48 inches long in the bed?

Chuck
Chuck, yes, you found it, the "3048" is the dimention of the Hoffman electical enclosure used to start the project.

Andre

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have bought a used tool box off a JD425 parts tractor thinking I would put it into the fender of my 322 as I did the grab handles. It looks like the box has a slight bow to its surface. Will it fit flat on my fender?
Both 318 and 322 fender deck look very similar but I can't remember the origin of my toolbox and can holder.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I like the tool box and cup holder/tray but need to ask if they interfere with tires chains if used for snow clearing?
Good question, I'm using chain without problem but my Carlisle Turf Master are almost like low profile compare to the previous Good Year and the gap from the top of the tire is 2 1/4" on both side.
I even had to readjust the angle of the mower desk. But it it's a problemm with yours, a solution might be to use spacers like Deere used with the optional rear hydraulic coupling kit.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts