Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 325. While mowing it died. When I try to start it nothing. The starter does even try to spin. I jumpered out the safety switch on the seat still nothing.
Any ideas where to look?

·
Registered
132 Posts
What paint should I use. Is rust oleum ok for my 1968 110 or is there a better paint that isn't too expensive like du pont! I am ok spending a little but the tractor isn't my shop queen. But I want to look nice. Any ideas?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Why not use John Deere paint it not to bad on price I think around $48.00 a gallon the Valspar harder is a little pricey . And the JD thinner goes a long way .That is what I used on this 110.

·
Registered
526 Posts
8- Parts paint 1- Part thinner and 1- Part hardener. This will make about a quart at a time I shot it with a gravity type spray gun. You can get the mixing cups at any good automotive paint stores.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks man. I have mixing cups and also a husky gravity feed gun. It works really well with farm equipment painting. Might even do my truck with it. Thanks man for the info. That's what I will use

·
Registered
122 Posts
I read this post and wonder is this what I should use on my 77 210 with original paint. I want to finally go ahead and make her all super pretty again for another long run. I really want to keep it as close to how it was when I first got it way back in April of 1978. Ok I had considered how she might look with a Patio paint scheme of Dogwood white sheet metal and maybe the Spruce Blue hood and seat or the Sunset Orange. I would leave the chassis black as this would be a 200 series Patio. Ok back to reality a JD should be green. Here is a photo from May 1978 and one from the present. It has always been kept indoors no sitting outside in the hot summer sun and freezing cold.

May 1978 a fifteen year old me and my sister.

Present day 2015 this year will be 38 years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice looking machine!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.