Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as the old saying goes “Winter is coming” or the “Long nights” so I been for something to keep me busy during those times coming.

Really really wanted a hydraulic lift model..I did find two a long ways from home and those are off the table yet !! But I found this 65 on Craigslist all original with the deck and draft plate..Im new to the round fenders!!

Owner actually worked at the JD dealership and said from what he could tell it was all here and original expect for the front tires and muffler..Said head gasket does have a small leak..for $350 sign me up.

So I got it home and done the usual gas,spark plug new fuel line,clamps,cleaned the bowl and tank,checked oil,got a good battery on it,cleaned the connections at the battery..crossed my fingers and I barley had to choke it..and it started.

So today I gave it a good bath,got it warmed up and change the oil,and drove it around put it away and wiped it down with some Wd-40..it really puts the shine back in it.

I’m not really sure at this point if I will do a full from restoration on this one or fix the little stuff and get it back into smooth working order..But I wanted to start a thread because I’m new to the round fenders and really don’t know what’s right wrong or really original..first things first tho I will be fixing the head gasket and new belts all the way around…So here is to this long winter ahead

Before the bath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,393 Posts
The 2059 SM will cover all the round fender tractors. Some of the procedures for a '66 and '67 110 or 112 may be different for a '65, i.e. brake and clutch adjustment (if I remember correctly). Deere made a few running changes in the RFs in it's run.

I had two 1965 110s, traded both off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 2059 SM will cover all the round fender tractors. Some of the procedures for a '66 and '67 110 or 112 may be different for a '65, i.e. brake and clutch adjustment (if I remember correctly). Deere made a few running changes in the RFs in it's run.

I had two 1965 110s, traded both off.
Ok thanks for the heads up on the change up..I did notice last night that the hole for the hydraulic lift cylinder mount are drilled and tapped.

Went ahead and ordered new belts for the generator,primary and secondary drive,a head gasket,steering wheel bushing kit this am.

·
Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
689 Posts
That's a nice find. I have a 67 round fender but with the hydraulic lift. Mine was also a non runner and needed a head gasket. I think mine was 25.00 from the local dealer.
Gas Wood Font Motor vehicle Cooking

Helmet Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

Plant Green Motor vehicle Gas Terrestrial plant

Make sure after running it for a bit to check the bolts with torque wrench.

It's your tractor do as you please but I say keep it all original or close as possible. Now what makes it " original "? idk but I'm sure others can chime in. I was debating on replacing my tires with rib and bar tires and refuffled a few feathers.

My dad has a 1972 sqaure fender he keeps at my place.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Green

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Motor vehicle

It's really interesting seeing all the changes/differences between the the 2.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it is settled it will stay as it!! Have been looking it over more and more the wiring harness is pretty rough cut and twisted back in some places so that is a to do later down the road.

Got a manual ordered..so hopefully I can start tinkering around in the next week or so.

Belts will be here tomorrow

Fox run..Thanks for the pics!!! I jealous you got a hydro model!!….can you post some pics up of how you got your flags mounted ?

Also many Thanks on the complements for the square fender

·
Registered
1951 JD B, 1967 JD 110-Rf, 1969 JD 110-Sf custom, 1972 JD 110-Sf
689 Posts
Well it is settled it will stay as it!! Have been looking it over more and more the wiring harness is pretty rough cut and twisted back in some places so that is a to do later down the road.

Got a manual ordered..so hopefully I can start tinkering around in the next week or so.

Belts will be here tomorrow

Fox run..Thanks for the pics!!! I jealous you got a hydro model!!….can you post some pics up of how you got your flags mounted ?

Also many Thanks on the complements for the square fender

Just zip ties my employer provided.
Green Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Passive circuit component

You can use hose clamps too but figured the black blended in better.

On my dad's sqaure fender I had a big flag on it at one time and just bent the bracket it came with that you'd put on a house and bolted it to the hitch.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

You could get fancy and build a bracket to bolt somewhere. I made this one for my sons bike for when we ride on trails. You can pull the flag out and get it into the suv.
Tire Automotive tire Light Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

I think for 20.00 you can find a simular bracket from steiners. Some might even have magnetics on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pic Ed!!

Got the blade laid out and mounted today..I think I did ok for $110 online auction,found it last Saturday the day after I got the tractor.I am missing the piece “rod” for the blade to move up and down.For now tho I have it tied up with a rope.

I did find a few on eBay but I’m not 100 percent if they are the right rod I need or not..I will post pics of the piece and parts numbers later tonight or tomorrow.

I will need to get some shorter bolts at some point as well for the bars that bolt to the frame

1 - 20 of 31 Posts