Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of on again, off again tinkering I finally finished my 1971 110. Majority of the work was cosmetic, it was 3 different shades of green when I started. Did go through the transmission to fix some leaks. Had some new bushings machined for the axels to help get rid of some wheel wobble and replaced one of the hubs, the splines were completely worn off. It's not a complete restoration by any means but I am very pleased with how it turned out. Not bad for spray paint!

What I find so incredible about these older machines, it went 5 years without running. It fired right up without hesitation. Figured I share the results with the group.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Plant Window Automotive tire

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Now I can move onto the next project. I have a 74 140 that I need to decide what to do with. the Truck in the background is pretty sweet. I’ve talked to the neighbor about it a couple of times.

As far as tips for a rattle can paint job… I sprayed two heavy coats of sandable automotive primer. Wet sanded with 420 grit sand paper between coats. Probably over kill but it helped fill in some spots and correct some of my over spray. It created a very smooth surface! I bought the green paint from JD, more expensive but is quality. Sprayed two heavy coats of green. Some light wet sanding after the first coat to clean up a run and a few drips from the nozzle that I was unable to catch in time. Lesson learned, wipe the nozzle regularly. The kicker is, painting was done outside in my backyard. If you go this route, timing is everything. Make sure it’s not too hot and the sun is not directly overhead. I got the best results early in the morning.

· Registered
764 Posts
I need to send my 70' 110 your way!
Plant Tractor Motor vehicle Vehicle Agricultural machinery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts