Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to find a 60? Are they pretty scarce? I've been looking for a while without success. There's a couple on e-bay but they're priced pretty high and are a long ways from home.

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Leon they were not big sellers like the 110 was and they haven't been made in 45 plus years so that is why you don't find them very often. If there are tractor shows/swap meets in your area start haunting them. I see a couple every summer. Roger

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually I have little faith in Craig's list but found a quite original JD 60 lawn tractor there. It runs and everything seems to work, but does need some tweaks. Of course I had to drive all day to get it and bring it home.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I see them on here and craigslist. $100-450 depending on condition and seller.

I would rather have a 70, they are built better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My "new" 60 is pre-20,000 so has the "HI-LO". One certainly doesn't shift that on the go! I'm surprised by how many differences there are between the early 60's and the 70. Maybe most of the changes came with the last year's production of the 60. I found the ring gear loose on the flywheel on the engines of both my 60 and 70.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 210 but I grew up around the 60 and 70 as most of my neighbors had them growing up. That and the 110 round fender model. I thought I was the luckiest kid cause the local John Deere dealer was in walking distance of our house. It was Providence Motors in Towson Md. They were forced to close in the early 2000's after 40 years of family ownership by JD because they were smaller than what JD wanted for their stores. Anyway I have many found memories around these little tractors. I am now thinking of getting either a 60 or 70 or a 110, 112, 140 cause as a kid I always wanted one so badly. I finally did get my dad to buy a 210 in 1978 to replace our 8HP Western Auto Dynamark. I told him that the John Deere would out last all the Sears and Monkey Wards counterparts. My dad passed away in 2006 but I still have the 210.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Steering shaft its so twinky on the 60's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.