Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have played with yahoo forums but have no experience hear. I came looking for information. I have acquired a basket case 112 and have never seen one fully assembled. It is highly questionable rather or not I got all the parts. I hope someone can direct me to pictures of the hydraulic pump assembly and fitment on the 112 with the Tecumseh engine. Thank you for any help in this or pointers on how to more effectively use this board. Don ps I have created an album under my user name.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
:welcome: Don,the pictures look better then I expected

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don,
:welcome:

Feel free to post any specific questions you may have about use of the site in the forum help section. :good:
I wondered how this reply with quotes button worked, so i thought I would try it. On yahoo I belong to 4 different metal lathe forums and am familiar with how that works. this seems some different. Ok back to the machine. Is a good manual available on line with exploded views. Any one have experience with the Jensails manuals. I don't remember but I think the manual for my 8n came from them. I downloaded one manual but the pictures are not clear. I cant tell if the head bolts holding the hydraulic pump are specialty bolts studs or what I found a post some where that said many Tecumseh parts are NLA, is this true. Is the kohler a direct replacement on these tractors. I know it would no longer match the serial numbers but if the Tecumseh proves to be junk it could be the best option. Well I'm off to find the "forum help section" and see if I can make that work for me Thank you Don.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
You can download the manual from this site.There are some modifications needed to be made to make the Kolher work in the 112.I won't say it can't be done,but I have been told it is easier to find a tractor with a Kolher in it already.Tecumseh parts are scarce,but you can find them.You can also download the Tecumseh engine manual online

Reactions: Basket case 112

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok I may be getting some where, I'll try again. thank you for your reply, I found the thank you button and used it. I typed and attempted to send a reply 3 times and got "you don't have permission or are not signed in" message. I am trying to ask where on the site to download the manual. I prefer to keep the machine original but if modifications have to be made to make it function properly I have a cutting torch, welder and metal lathe. Lacking shop space the machine is outside under a tarp and I'm waiting for the rain to let up so I can do a closer inspection Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts