Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow is coming, so I use my JD 425 and a 2305 for snow blowing and plowing. Want to improve the flashers on the 2305 and of course the 425 does not have any flashers. Want to put on something that is better then what I have now. My buddy got hit last year while plowing and the driver said he did not see him, so I don't want to end up like him (he still limps). Maybe something that takes the place of the head and or tail lights. And I don't want to put on something thats to big and easy to rip off. So what does everyone use? Thinking something like an LED.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
I have a 455 with 40 loader on it, I put a set of led lights on the loader uprights. There not very big, but sure are bright. For the rear I'm going to pick up one those yellow flashing lights. With a magnet base and stick it on the rear weight bracket. Hopefully they will see it and slow down.

· Registered
154 Posts
You could put something like this on either side of the seat in the fender pan.

Partsam 2Pcs LED 4" Round Double Face Star Led Turn Signal Lights Chrome Amber 24 Diodes, Double Face Star Led Pedestal Lights, Dual Face Led Truck Trailer Lights https://a.co/d/0wOOYjd

I did the same thing with my 40 loader, attaching lights on the uprights. Seeing that with a loader there is no visibility with the headlights, it made a huge difference.

· Registered
193 Posts
A flashing light is always a good thing to attract attention. 👍🏻

I don’t know if those orange lights are road legal in the States.
This one is a LED with different flashing patterns.

Today I fabricated a mounting bracket for the warning light.

I wanted to weld the Chinese nut on the top of the tube. But as soon as the material started to meld, it exploded and soiled the tungsten needle of the TIG welder. And with the MIG welder it flowed right away. I‘ve been welding for a long time, but this was the most awful material I’ve ever had.

Then I fabricated a new nut of stainless steel on the turning lathe and welded all parts together.
Now the bracket is finished except for the wiring.

· Registered
932 Posts
I would consider a post mounted flashing light to get it higher for viewing. It may need a shroud underneath so it doesn't drive you crazy. I have mine high on the sides of my cab. I'm rural and live on a dead end road (with mostly seasonal snow-birds) so I'm not real vulnerable. It is fun to see the amber flashing reflecting in my neighbors windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts