Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
You should buy some lottery tickets while your picking it up. Nice find & we want more pics once you get it home.
John

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
What are the Lotto numbers next week Terry? Another nice find!!!

·
Administrator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, guys. I'm supposed to go get it tomorrow. I will post pictures of it when I do. This thing just sort of fell into my lap. It pays to have my RF calendar in my cubicle at work - it gets attention to where I get leads. This free one and the ones in the basement that I got last week, which also yielded one for Adam.

·
Administrator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the 64 home this morning. The guy thought the rear end was locked up, but it wasn't. It had sunken into the ground and wouldn't move. I air up one front tire and after rocking it a bit, it roll right nicely.

We got it home and spray a bit of starting fluid and hooked up a jump box, and it started right up. The choke cable isn't attached, and the starter generator may be loose or not charging, but it ran. I scrounged some gas up since the tank was totally dry and it ran for a few minutes until I shut her off. It smoke quite a bit when first started, but ease up a bit after a while. The ignition switch is almost frozen, so I have to sprayed it with some lubricant to see if it will loosen up a bit. We put in gear and it moved. The guy's dad put a hinged bracket on the one side of the shifter locking out that side. Tires are dry rotted, but it's complete. If I remember it's serial number 9783 which puts it in the middle of that year.

·
73 Posts
A couple of thoughts Terry... Looking at your several fortunate round fender finds recently, I am envious of both the little tractors - of which I have only laid eyes on one in all my years; and secondly of a climate that boasts NO SNOW! I had to pull up the big map again to remind me of just how far south you actually are. As I type this my view out the window beside my desk features a cold sunny day with a forest full of white stuff - it truly is the Great White North...

·
Administrator
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
T.C., yeah we are usually bless with no snow, but we do get some occasionally. Last winter we got quite a bit of snow, but not much this year. As I was picking this one up, it was sleeting a bit mixed in with a few flurries. And it's supposed to snow later today and more tomorrow. Not much by your standards up north, but enough here to cause some road hazards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.