Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front quick hitch and pto for a 300 series. It has only been on the tractor a couple of times. The hitch has the pto adjustable bar and lift cylinder and the pto includes the aluminum pulley, mounting bolts, bearing pulley with stub shaft and a new belt for 322/332. Garage kept and all Deere OEM parts. Hoses still look like new and have chain caps. This allows you to mount any quick hitch attachment such as a snow blower (or blade) to the older 300 series tractors. The aluminum pulley has a smaller circumference and bolts onto the existing pto pulley behind the grill and reduces the belt rpm down from 3400 rpm to 2000 rpm. There weren’t very many of these made. $1500.

·
Registered
1989 318
3,152 Posts
That is pretty cool, I always thought the quick-hitch was for the newer tractors.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
With the correct pulley that mounts on the electric pto these can fit as far back as the 140. I have 4 or 5 of them. I think I have 4 for 318 with drive unit and one I got with my X485.

They are not really that rare but can be expensive. I think the most I paid for the ones I have was in the $700 - $800 range. What can be rare is the drive unit needed to power the model 47 snow blower or model 51 broom. Only other attachment for this hitch is 54" blade. Angle cylinder is needed for broom and blade. Hitch is locked when snow blower is attached.

Here is one on a 317
Tire Wheel Plant Window Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
You are correct. Thank you.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
Just looked at photo again. There is no angle cylinder installed. Is one included with purchase?

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is not an angle cylinder. It was bought for a 46 snow thrower. I’m planning on using the 46 on my 1025R. I’m selling this to buy the front PTO and quick hitch for the 1025R.
I did exactly this over the winter. The shaft you need for the 46 to 1025r connection is BLV10899.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I acquired a new old stock angling cylinder kit BM18125 for this and will include it for same price. So this will be a really nice complete quick hitch and front PTO for a show quality 300 series tractor.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought one QH from mother deere in the late 80's possibly as late as 92. Total cost was ~ 600 the 46 and drive shaft was ~1800. Going used price in IA, MO and IL is $400 - $500. I have 3 QH's for my 4 318s and a QH on our 455 with 3 46 blowers and 4 54 blades. They are used at our home and business in Quincy and our IA farm.

For the OP it appears that you have the original drive belt. Please, can you post any part number printed on it.

I never got a belt with my factory new QH and three local JD dealers can not find a part number and a help request to JD support came back "We can not find it either".

·
Registered
379 Posts
M120881 is the belt for the 318.
M120882 is the belt for the 322/332
Onan and Yanmar belts differ slightly due to engine / PTO location (height).
One, or both, are NLA.

Edit - M120882 was reported in WFM as NLA some months ago. A NAPA Gates B28 is a replacement.

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the correct pulley that mounts on the electric pto these can fit as far back as the 140. I have 4 or 5 of them. I think I have 4 for 318 with drive unit and one I got with my X485.

They are not really that rare but can be expensive. I think the most I paid for the ones I have was in the $700 - $800 range. What can be rare is the drive unit needed to power the model 47 snow blower or model 51 broom. Only other attachment for this hitch is 54" blade. Angle cylinder is needed for broom and blade. Hitch is locked when snow blower is attached.

Here is one on a 317
View attachment 265145 View attachment 265146
Good Afternoon
I just read your post, I'm interested in one of your pulleys, that bolts to the front of the pto clutch, the pulley only. Thank you John.

·
Banned
6,862 Posts
You posted ad for M86063. I do not have that pulley.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Here is one on a 317
View attachment 265145 View attachment 265146
Hi,
I recently got a 1990 JD 430 tractor with the quick hitch and model 46 snow blower. It looks to me than I need the
Front PTO Extension Kit - ST554561
to get the drive shaft up to the front for attachment. Are there more bits that are needed to power the snow blower?
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts