Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a aftermarket fuel pump repair kit or fuel pump replacement for a '71 112? Dealer wants $100 for a new one. Mine is plastic, not sure if a metal one would work just the same. Engine is K241AS

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
bunch of them plastic ones on ebay for under 40 dellivered

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know the difference between the supposedly two versions? One plastic one metal. Not sure why either wouldn't work.
My engine details:
engine number is K241AS. 2240694
spcec no 46608D
model. number 237095
serial number 1732100441

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been running a plastic ebay acquired fuel pump on my k241AS for two years and I note no difference. I think there are rebuild kits for the metal ones which cost more than the plastic pumps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I currently have a plastic one, thinking of getting a metal one. I just found out the plastic version of 47 559 11-S fits but still do not difference in models.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have the plastic fuel pump the difference between that one and the metal one/other model offered for the k241 is lever position and length and they should not be interchangeable.

One seller on eBay was out of the fuel pump I needed until late May, so I picked up one for more $. He said:
Hi. Cost is $28.59 which includes shipping. The pump is not interchangeable with other pumps. The lever is in a different position and is a different length.
Best Regards, Carl
- captneversail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts