Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor I recently purchased needs a fuel pump. I prefer the metal one it has but the problem is the check valves inside were damaged. Anyone know where I can purchase these? I know there are rebuild kits but they typically only include the diaphram and gaskets.. Thanks ~Reno

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might get more help if you can provide make/model/year for the tractor, engine or pump...or a picture of the pump.

Al

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orginal metal fuel pump from a k181 kohler. Engine is in a JD 200.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had a look but didn't turn up much, and without a picture I'm not sure it's at all useful to you...

Only kit I could find for a "metal" kohler fuel pump... https://bolenspartsandsupplies.com/...und-on-k-series-twins-bolens-largeframes-nla/

I did find a pump on ebay (does not seem to be for a K181 though?) ...$$$ 277539 Kohler Fuel Pump Kit K482, K532, 4855905-S | eBay

Edit; Might be something here? https://bolenspartsandsupplies.com/...Y&q=kohler+fuel+pump&dispatch=products.search

Edit 2; Kohler Fuel Pump Kits | Product categories | Then and Now Automotive

Good luck,
Al

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The aftermarket pumps with metal inlet/outlet work pretty well and don't break the bank. A low psi electric fuel pump is another popular option if you can't find a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe I will end up ordrering a kit from then-now-auto. I just would rather have a metal orginal fuel pump vs a cheap plastic fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Let us know how that goes...we need some model 200 fodder to see/follow. Everything I've read says the only replacement pump you don't want is the cheap one with interchangeable rubber/plastic inlet and outlet fittings. Whatever feeds the Kohler and keeps it running/working.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rebuild kit ordered. I will update how it went during the process. Anyone know how many 200s where actually made out of curiosity?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I received my carb rebuild kit. I cant tell if it is leaking or the carb is but it runs. Runs really well actually. I put my bucateer on the front of it and I will be showing photos of that tomorrow!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took some photos yeaterday of the herd.
On a side note who wore it better? The 110 or the 140?

None of my kohlers seem to be charging... that is an issue I will solve this week or next week.

Also carb was leaking on the 200. I have spare kits laying around so I took the time to rebuild it. It was missing the bowl gasket and the o-ring had blown out. It no longer leaks and runs much better!

Last post I ment I received my fuel pump rebuild kit. That went together smoothly and fuel pump works perfectly! I sanded both halves flat like I would a head and I think that helped alot aswell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like it's sorted, good to hear! :)

Nice looking 140, but I'm really liking the boots on the 110...call it a tie.

Al

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha thanks! I will say the 200 is extremely quiet compared to my 110. Even at full throttle I can have a full conversation.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Must resist...must resist! Seeing your herd is making me want to run out on a short road trip and pick up a 112 square fender that I've seen online...even though I don't need it or have room for it. Keep us updated...and thanks for the pix.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must resist...must resist! Seeing your herd is making me want to run out on a short road trip and pick up a 112 square fender that I've seen online...even though I don't need it or have room for it. Keep us updated...and thanks for the pix.
I have 3 others that eventually need to make it into a photo... 2 more 140s and a 430.

I play tetris evertime I park them in the garage!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Little bit more of an update on the charging issues.

140 had 2 pins in my harness swapped. Charges now.
110 SF needs a regulator only puts out 5 volts dc
200 needs a new stator and since I can I will also replace the voltage regulator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts