Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Check with your John Deere dealer for an A&I seat price that they can order. Although the A&I seat is a little bit different in appearance (doesn't have the same cover to base retaining method, or the button hole drains at the back and the base is plastic and doesn't have a JD logo on the back), I thought the A&I seat sat better (with my girth in it). The seat comes with a note to use standard hardware to retain it and will fit right up. As I recall it was also priced in the ~$70-80 range.
Even though I have purchased several of the correct regular John Deere seats in the past, I have never been satisfied with the cover retention edge guard in the long run. It always seems to work off after some time. Also, inevitably the seat cover cracks at the corners.

· Registered
253 Posts
I just happened to think after posting my message above, I am not sure if your 332 has the has the externally mounted button switch (used with flip up seats) or the ribbon type switch that is placed between the seat pan and the cushion. I am not sure the seat I mentioned above allows the ribbon type switch to be installed if you were planning on having the safety system functional.

· Registered
8 Posts
I just happened to think after posting my message above, I am not sure if your 332 has the has the externally mounted button switch (used with flip up seats) or the ribbon type switch that is placed between the seat pan and the cushion. I am not sure the seat I mentioned above allows the ribbon type switch to be installed if you were planning on having the safety system functional.
I have the ribbon type - it says accepts safety switch and has the hole underneath to slide it in - just like OE seat.

· Registered
389 Posts
Just be sure to avoid the ones with a plastic pan/base. Had several tractors with them - just awful.

· Registered
6,509 Posts
I've bought 2-3 of those same seats at the local Atwoods Farm/Ranch store in the past 2 years...generally for about $65-$69 on sale. Good seats...they accommodate my size/weight much better than the stock JD seats. You have to put up with all the holes in the metal seat pan and install your own JD decal, if you care about such things.

· Registered
389 Posts
Get a "Not Found" searching on AM39680 at greenpartsore.
I had a very nice OE steel pan with decal a while back. Vinyl and foam were shot. I thought I probably should not toss it out, but it's gone.
Too late for the kit now. But, at least I now know there is a kit available.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts