Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the fenderpan decal for an H3 140 of a particular year. Don't recall which model year off the top of my head though, just that the decal is apparently really hard to find. I think it's a '68 or '69. Not sure though. Anybody here know more about that? I acquired the decal over a decade ago when a WFM guy had some reproduced. I bought it because it's for the same 140 model I'm determined to acquire that my grandfather owned and restore it eventually. My dink of an uncle owns it now and won't let me have it. It's sitting in the barn with a broken rod and crap piled on it. Might have to wait for dark to go get it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Army,
That is my Dad who you bought it from. We had the 1968 140 H3 decal made and also the 1969 -1970 H3 decal made. Do you have a photo of the actual decal? I will be able to tell you which one you have.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
army, reverse physcology?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let us know if you need help with the acquisition.
Roger that. (y)

That is my Dad who you bought it from.
I didn't realize jd140 was you. I recall your involvement with your dad's JD activities. You two have done some mighty fine work. Nice to know you're still here. I have never taken the decal out of the envelope but I will today and take a pic.

There's some unusual nostalgia to that 140 for me. My grandfather used to mow the high school grounds with it and was doing the lawn along the cafeteria windows one day. He leaned over to grab a pop can while he was still moving along and fell off. Caught his pant leg on the deck somehow and it dragged him across the grass, then across the street and into some lady's flower bed before it stopped. Amazingly other than being scraped up a bit he didn't get hurt at all. The students having their lunch apparently watched the whole thing. Then a week or so later I stopped to see him and he was mowing near the parking lot so I sneaked up and grabbed his shoulders from behind to scare him. He didn't fall off or anything but his feet flew up a ways. I had an uncle working there too so I went in the school to see him too. When I told him I'd got grandpa pretty good and he said "You what...?!" and told me the pop can story. Felt like a jerk for scaring him so I went and got him a cold can of his favourite pop (Vernors) before I left.

Reactions: jd140

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
That could never happen today Army, they don't make pant material strong enough to pull anyone anywhere now. Great story

·
Registered
663 Posts
I didn't realize jd140 was you. I recall your involvement with your dad's JD activities. You two have done some mighty fine work. Nice to know you're still here. I have never taken the decal out of the envelope but I will today and take a pic.

There's some unusual nostalgia to that 140 for me. My grandfather used to mow the high school grounds with it and was doing the lawn along the cafeteria windows one day. He leaned over to grab a pop can while he was still moving along and fell off. Caught his pant leg on the deck somehow and it dragged him across the grass, then across the street and into some lady's flower bed before it stopped. Amazingly other than being scraped up a bit he didn't get hurt at all. The students having their lunch apparently watched the whole thing. Then a week or so later I stopped to see him and he was mowing near the parking lot so I sneaked up and grabbed his shoulders from behind to scare him. He didn't fall off or anything but his feet flew up a ways. I had an uncle working there too so I went in the school to see him too. When I told him I'd got grandpa pretty good and he said "You what...?!" and told me the pop can story. Felt like a jerk for scaring him so I went and got him a cold can of his favourite pop (Vernors) before I left.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Army! I still have my 1968 140 that we restored in 2008, that is when we had those decals made.

Attachments

Reactions: DEERE317

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
A head turner for sure!

Reactions: jd140

·
Registered
663 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts