Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need more information on the Haban 416 sickle bar mower i just got at a big farm sale . serial number 187631C,it is in good shape ,someone rigged up a lift arms just like the ones on a mower deck for the 140..but i dont think you want to raise or lower the entire unit?i have a manual for the haban 416A ,it has a center mount that you pin in place of the deck mower clips..did this model just use the front axle straps,and rear pipe to rear hitch? and no center mount? i need a manual for a 416 ,and cant find one....also the front pulley is 9" ,should it be 6".it looks like the original color was green is this correct?.and i need the special front pto clutch drive pulley for it ... paid 175.00 for it !!! thanks for any help..Ed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Ed, I'll try to help.

Haban 416 sickle bar mower hey i need more information on the Haban 416 sickle bar mower i just got at a big farm sale . serial number 187631C,it is in good shape ,someone rigged up a lift arms just like the ones on a mower deck for the 140..but i dont think you want to raise or lower the entire unit? I agree. I believe that is a mounting bracket that the previous owner used to mount it on an other than John Deere.

i have a manual for the haban 416A ,it has a center mount that you pin in place of the deck mower clips..did this model just use the front axle straps,and rear pipe to rear hitch? and no center mount? It is missing some pieces, you will see in a parts list I can send you.

i need a manual for a 416 ,and cant find one....also the front pulley is 9" ,should it be 6". The parts manual shows then to be identical.
It looks like the original color was green is this correct? The original Haban color was a Dog flower white similar to IHC white. The Haban company made many attachments for many tractors. I am sure if the different tractor companys wanted a specific color, Haban would do it

.And i need the special front pto clutch drive pulley for it ... paid 175.00 for it !!! thanks for any help..Ed

I am going to send you a private message asking for an email address. I'll send you the parts list this way.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Ed, I'll try to help.

Haban 416 sickle bar mower

hey i need more information on the Haban 416 sickle bar mower i just got at a big farm sale . serial number 187631C,it is in good shape ,someone rigged up a lift arms just like the ones on a mower deck for the 140..but i dont think you want to raise or lower the entire unit? I agree. I believe that is a mounting bracket that the previous owner used to mount it on an other than John Deere.

i have a manual for the haban 416A ,it has a center mount that you pin in place of the deck mower clips..did this model just use the front axle straps,and rear pipe to rear hitch? and no center mount? It is missing some pieces, you will see in a parts list I can send you.

i need a manual for a 416 ,and cant find one....also the front pulley is 9" ,should it be 6". The parts manual shows then to be identical.
It looks like the original color was green is this correct? The original Haban color was a Dog flower white similar to IHC white. The Haban company made many attachments for many tractors. I am sure if the different tractor company's wanted a specific color, Haban would do it

.And i need the special front pto clutch drive pulley for it ... paid 175.00 for it !!! thanks for any help..Ed

I am going to send you a private message asking for an email address. I'll send you the parts list this way.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
I didn't put it together Ed,but now that you mention it :good:

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
hi email is [email protected] thank you! Ed
Hi! I have sent the email. I believe this will help determine what is missing. THe 416A manual will help in some adjustments. The speed of the blade should be around 900-1100 RPM's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts