Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model 50 blower with a driveshaft adapted to fit on my 420. It's a great outfit that gets lots of use in the UP Michigan snows. I'm looking for a diagram or schematic that shows the cable configuration with the pulleys and chute. Today one end of the cable broke off and I need to get it put back together - before the next big snow! Does anyone know where I can find an online manual or diagram showing how it winds around the pulleys and chute? Any help with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks much.

· Registered
130 Posts
Use the search at the top of the page, there are a couple threads about the cable replacement. I have a 50 on my 400, it’s been so long since I replaced the cable I couldn’t begin to tell you the best procedure.
I am also in Michigan but live under the bridge. Mine 50 has only been used once so far this year.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response and direction. Using the search function, I've read through several posts and have a general idea of how the cable should be threaded. It looks like a trial and error project but I'm sure I can figure it out - eventually! I appreciate your help with this.

· Registered
940 Posts
Go to Deere’s website and download the operators manual for your snowblower or a similar model. I believe the cable winding procedure is in the manual. It’s actually quite simple once you get the instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts