Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully adapted a belt drive thrower, with the aid of a right angle gear box to one of the above tractors?
A drive shaft into the right angle box, and the gear box to the blower drive.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The major problem, I think, is that the engine does not have a front PTO. The power goes out the back of the engine thru a drive shaft to the transmission. Then a separate shaft sends power up to any mid or front mounted accessories. The 318,420, etc. all have front PTOs.

I don't know if a direct front PTO is feasible, but that would be one way to get power to a snowblower.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 1969 112 project is already having problems. Iam disabled so money is tight . I have the type B fuel pump that can be rebuilt but the kit is NLA, kit is 15 bucks new pump is over a hundred, plus iam trying to keep it as original as possible . Part number on kit is AM32331. Also need starter drive assy, worm assy gear slides on is broke, I don't need a new starter, just parts to rebuild this one. Part number on drive is AM31659. Thank you

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
As far as pumps, they were originally silver aluminum, the replacements are black plastic. Both ran off the cam and mounted to the side of the block.

This diagram I found online shows 3 pumps, it looks #5 has a lever on it maybe for priming or fuel shutoff, and the #4 may run off crankcase pulses or something since they dont show the arm?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Jason - I installed one of the plastic ones before I found the Maritimedragracing site. I rebuilt the metal one, but have not installed it until the plastic one fails. The kit seems to be good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.