Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue started last fall. I would start the tractor up and push the throttle to "full bore" and it would act like it was only getting about 3/4 throttle, then all of a sudden it would just kick in to full throttle and be fine. Did it intermittently last fall and again this spring. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Is governor linkage free and working? Did you check fuel filter, gas tank cap vent? Run seafoam in fuel to clean out lines and carb?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
My first question would be, "Is the engine warm and up to operating temperature?"

I let my 314 & 317 idle/1/4 throttle for 2 or 3 minutes before going full bore. My 322 takes closer to 7-10 minutes, otherwise it spits, sputters, and sometimes stalls. After fully warmed, all 3 will go from dead idle to WOT without missing a beat. Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I added seafoam last fall, gas cap vent appears to be OK and I do not think it is an operating temperature issue because it has occasionally acted up when the engine is at operating temperature. I ordered a gas filter and we'll see if that does the trick. If not, I'll poke around and see if I can figure out if the governor linkage is OK. Thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeping my fingers crossed but it looks like replacing the battery has solved my issues. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts