Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Was it running like that before you noticed that were broken? If there is any major vibration from it being unbalanced I would replace it. Could cause issues. If no vibration I don't see it being an issue. You will still get good air flow to keep engine cool.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the tractor, but was running, and the PO never mentioned it being issue. Another hard to figure thing is he has owned for 50 of its 50 1/2 years. He said it's been worked on once probably 30 years ago by a friend as a favor for blowing his snow. And things maybe replaced rings at most. Makes me wonder when did these break or get broke? They don't just break on there own?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Most probably broke when trying to get nut off of flywheel. Someone may have stuck a big screw driver or wrench to hold the flywheel in place while trying to loosen the nut. Don't ask how I know.
If it's been that way for awhile sounds like there was not an issue with vibration or cooling or PO never noticed. I'm not sure if you could find replacement easy just for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have a HH100 solid state flywheel if you want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts