1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Welcome to WFM!

P.S. We like pictures

Reactions: Bill Riley

· Registered
762 Posts
Welcome to WFM neighborino to the south!

· Registered
886 Posts
Welcome to WFM! Do you have any pictures of your 1963 110? What is the serial number on it? Here is one of my 1963’s that my Dad and I restored.

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Welcome to WFM Bill

· Registered
762 Posts
Thats an low s/n

· Registered
886 Posts
Look's like it will be a fun project! I also like the Camaro!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok guys first issue I'm tackling is the starting the old 110. Addressing the fuel system first. Gonna address the rust inside the tank with POR-15. Read good things about it on various forums. Next was the fuel bowl, what a mess. 25 years of gunk! My question at this point is the actual shutoff valve or needle. When disassembling it there was a fiber seal of some sort that disintegrated upon touch. Was think about replacing it with an O-ring. Cant locate a replacement (fiber). Any thoughts?

Bill

· Registered
886 Posts
Ok guys first issue I'm tackling is the starting the old 110. Addressing the fuel system first. Gonna address the rust inside the tank with POR-15. Read good things about it on various forums. Next was the fuel bowl, what a mess. 25 years of gunk! My question at this point is the actual shutoff valve or needle. When disassembling it there was a fiber seal of some sort that disintegrated upon touch. Was think about replacing it with an O-ring. Cant locate a replacement (fiber). Any thoughts?

Bill

I have tried re-building the original sediment bowls on my 110's but they always seem to start leaking again. I just buy a whole new sediment bowl assembly now, they are only $16.00 from Hapco parts and I never had one leak.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts