Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mowing with my 330 for months (about 3/4 acre of grass) and pulling a cart, etc for yard work and I have yet to add diesel.

I knew it was going to be fuel frugal, but this is ridiculous! I would have been to the gas station 3 or 4 times already with my previous kohler command-powered cadet.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah the diesels are real t-sippers aren’t they? I filled my 5-gallon diesel jerrycan for the 430 when I bought a backup generator for the house a couple of years ago. The 430 only does ditch and dirt work now and again...just now needing to refill the can.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I recently purchased a low hour 332 that hasn't been used much since the previous owner purchased a zero turn. I'm curious as to how old the diesel is in it since I hear they really sip the diesel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been mowing with my 330 for months (about 3/4 acre of grass) and pulling a cart, etc for yard work and I have yet to add diesel.

I knew it was going to be fuel frugal, but this is ridiculous! I would have been to the gas station 3 or 4 times already with my previous kohler command-powered cadet.
I've been secretly sneaking in and adding a gallon of fuel once a week. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
My 430 is a bit hungrier. I fill it 2-3 times over snowblowing season and maybe once over summer / fall - only used for leaf pickup during fall. No evidence the fuel screw is turned up and the air cleaner elements are new.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Our 2025R (bigger engine, but still a Yanmar) is pretty similar, unless it’s getting worked hard on the PTO (tiller, disc mower, Tedder to a lesser extent) it just sips fuel. Actually raked 4.5ac of light hay with a 4 wheel rake and it was pinned on empty starting the field and made it home without running out. Loader work is a bit higher from direction changes, hydraulic usage, and the machine weighing 3-4k but still is pretty impressive.
Meanwhile any of our old Kohlers must’ve been funded by the Alaskan Transcon Pipelines operators. :LOL:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
my 430 would get filled in spring and fall
my 420 uses a lot more fuel to do the same

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Our 2025R (bigger engine, but still a Yanmar) is pretty similar, unless it’s getting worked hard on the PTO (tiller, disc mower, Tedder to a lesser extent) it just sips fuel. Actually raked 4.5ac of light hay with a 4 wheel rake and it was pinned on empty starting the field and made it home without running out. Loader work is a bit higher from direction changes, hydraulic usage, and the machine weighing 3-4k but still is pretty impressive.
Meanwhile any of our old Kohlers must’ve been funded by the Alaskan Transcon Pipelines operators. :LOL:
Thought I would add something to this, we cut 3ac of hay yesterday with it and the fuel gauge went down ~1/8th and it burned maybe 2 gallons most of it being above the full mark on the gauge. All @3,000RPM and about 5mph for basically 2hr on the dot.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't remember the source, but I found this information on fuel consumption of various models in my files.

JD fuel comsuption.png

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I see it doesn't have the 317, probably because it broke their measuring device from the amount of flow. :LOL:

Reactions: mopar65pa
1 - 15 of 15 Posts