Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What homemade attachments do you have for your Deere's ? Post a picture of them.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Built this front suitcase weight / tow hitch bracket.

Property Photograph Light Product Font

Font Screenshot Plant Technology Software

Product Motor vehicle Vehicle Screenshot Font

Product Screenshot Font Software Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
1967 JD 110-Rf, 1972 JD 110-SF
114 Posts
I made a sleeve hitch for my old 112.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Wheel

My buddy had a rear scoop bucket made that he was letting me use.
Wood Yellow Bumper Asphalt Motor vehicle

These might not be technically attachments you're really thinking of, but they still attach to the tractor/mower.
Wheel Tire Tractor Plant Automotive tire

Water wagon with pump. To water grass seed and animal tanks.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

A kid hauler.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Modified disc.

Wheel Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle Mode of transport

Mini steel wheel wagon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a decent sized load of dirt in the bucket (42” wide so not a huge bucket) and it was doing fine. Biggest downfall was the cheap actuator for the bucket tilt was only supposed to lift 200lbs and that broke already. New stronger actuator should be here Friday and hopefully will hold up better. As far as the frame, it’s honestly stronger than I expected and hasn’t had any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 318
1,901 Posts
That's cool, at least it works! So your load was too much for the wimpy cylinder. How did the cylinder fail? Break? Leak?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cylinder was fine. Since it’s on a 330 which only has 2 ports the loader frame is hydraulic and the bucket tilt is electric with a linear actuator. That’s what just snapped when I drove into a pile of dirt.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Nice...good work. Suggestion: if you haven't already done so, take a Sharpie, etc., and mark the back/side of the bucket and across the mounting frame so you can see easy reference marks to indicate when the bucket is level for scooping. I marked my Johnny Bucket Sr. on the 430 in this fashion and it's a big help.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I had a decent sized load of dirt in the bucket (42” wide so not a huge bucket) and it was doing fine. Biggest downfall was the cheap actuator for the bucket tilt was only supposed to lift 200lbs and that broke already. New stronger actuator should be here Friday and hopefully will hold up better. As far as the frame, it’s honestly stronger than I expected and hasn’t had any issues yet.

That looks to me a little scary to me.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
1989 318
1,901 Posts
The cylinder was fine. Since it’s on a 330 which only has 2 ports the loader frame is hydraulic and the bucket tilt is electric with a linear actuator. That’s what just snapped when I drove into a pile of dirt.
An electric actuator? That seems like a not-so-good-choice for the task.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Type in little green monster loader on YouTube. There are some examples of them working quite well with strong enough actuators

·
Registered
1989 318
1,901 Posts
I will check that out, thanks, Tom.

Reactions: Timothy

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Sears uses electric actuators in the rear for 3pth and the other type of lifting stuff like sleeve hitches etch

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
I'd have liked a bucket that size on my Brantly. The one on it was too big. Not the width but the volume. Was great for moving mulch but not so much for other work. This loader was self levelling too. I didn't like that. I prefer doing it myself.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
85 Posts
Army that bucket does look a bit large. Good looking rig you’ve got there. I wouldn’t mind finding a loader for my 400.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Sold the loader. Still got the 400 though (y)

Army that bucket does look a bit large. Good looking rig you’ve got there. I wouldn’t mind finding a loader for my 400.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts