Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just been using a 111 for towing as the PTO switch is stuck fast. (electric PTO). It looks like the switch requires the switch handle to be pulled out before being toggled upward. Is this correct or am I dreaming it up?

The tractor has been outdoors for a long time so i suspect the switch is corroded and so far i cannot get the nut off it to remove it. I'm trying to fix the switch rather than replace it as funding is very limited for this tractor.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I imagine a few of you have done this,just wondering how hard it is to do on a k181s
Thanks,

Grant

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Thanks Roger,I thought it was more then I could do ay home.I will get them checked while it is being bored out(small score in cylinder)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Grant,
Like Roger says, this can be a pretty tough job. The valve seats should be re-ground after doing the guides, as stresses that have developed in the block and with valve guide installation will pretty much guarantee poor valve seating. The machinist should be aware of this.
Harold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.