Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Hydraulic couplers

1545 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  hel2002002yahoocom
I'm having a hell of a time trying to replace the coupler for the angle blade. I can't find the circlip. I kind of feel it but can't see it. What's the best practical way to remove it?
Thanks!
Henry.
1 - 4 of 10 Posts
Thank you guys. Yeah it's leaking badly, I've already replaced the o-ring and the the male connector but that didn't help. I think there's another tiny little o-ring at the nipple where the connection is made that lets the fluid flow, it's very hard to get to it to replace it, that's why I want to put a new coupler.
Thanks,
Henry.
Well, I consider myself lucky, I replaced the coupler without problems. Like I said in the original post that, I did not see the retaining clip, when I went under the tractor I saw there was none. As a matter of fact none of them have these clips, so it easy to remove the coupler, I did not put new ones either.

Henry.
Yeah, you're right, I will put some kind of retainer. I'm thinking about using a different type though, one that's easier to remove when you have to do it.

Henry.
1 - 4 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.