Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salvaged a complete (well, important/expensive parts ) hydraulic lift from a group of 200's I recently acquired. I've gotten to the section on mounting the pump, two issues so far. Missing the rectangular spacer that sits on top of the motor mount, below the pump. Is there a specific purpose for the shape? What are the dimensions?
Next, the hole in the pump bracket, that mounts on the motor mount, is about the size a quarter. The nut and bolt that are depicted to mount this are 9/16" and simply pass through the hole. The exploded view and instructions say nothing about an additional washer to allow the correct nut/bolt to hold the pump bracket.
pump exploded view.jpg
I can certainly find a washer. Am I missing something???

·
Registered
478 Posts
If I knew the answer Id would help you out but I don't have a Hydraulic Lift on a 200 series to even have first hand knowledge to help you out with sorry.

·
Registered
478 Posts
have you went threw the 200 series videos linked on the top of this section? I think that guy put a hydraulic on his 214 which would be pretty much the same as your 216?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Hello Memberger.

I too am surprised no has responded. I have a 216 with manual lift. I am not experienced with 2XX tractors so can't provide much assistance on this issue.

I do have a hydraulic lift kit for 112 RF which is quite a bit different than your kit.
  • rectangular spacer ... key 15 ... M48772 is NLA from Deere so I cannot get part specs off JDParts
  • Strap is also used on transaxle safety switch assembly ... key 4 ... https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/68257/referrer/search/pgId/57735/partnumber/M48772/callout/4
  • Look in that location for the strap. You should be able to get specs from that piece.
  • Washer? I do not understand how the pump mounting bracket is secured. There has to be more than key 17 capscrew.
  • Section 60 of SM2105 is not any help. Describes how to remove the pump from the bracket but not bracket from tractor
May have helped you with one issue. Hope someone with hydraulic lift on a 2XX chimes in

Gabby

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you went threw the 200 series videos linked on the top of this section? I think that guy put a hydraulic on his 214 which would be pretty much the same as your 216?
Thanks, I did look at the videos, his machine is a manual lift, one video installing the helper spring.
Internet search but no pics clear enough to see detail.
I've read every post regarding the hydraulic lift. No joy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If I am understanding your questions correctly, I should be able to provide some answers.

The rectangular spacer is there to provide structural strength to the pump bracket. That is sitting on top of the motor mount as I am sure you know. The length and width is not critical and my guess at size would be 1"x2" The thickness is also not super critical since there is plenty of adjustment in the pump for the belt tension. I would say 1/4" or 3/16" is sufficent. The pump bracket does NOT bolt to the motor mount, hence the larger hole with no washer. The only mounting point is to the side of the engine using bolt #17.

I don't have my hydraulic lift 214 anymore or I would post some pics. Hopefully I explained it well enough you will get the idea.

Ryan

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I am understanding your questions correctly, I should be able to provide some answers.

The rectangular spacer is there to provide structural strength to the pump bracket. That is sitting on top of the motor mount as I am sure you know. The length and width is not critical and my guess at size would be 1"x2" The thickness is also not super critical since there is plenty of adjustment in the pump for the belt tension. I would say 1/4" or 3/16" is sufficent. The pump bracket does NOT bolt to the motor mount, hence the larger hole with no washer. The only mounting point is to the side of the engine using bolt #17.

I don't have my hydraulic lift 214 anymore or I would post some pics. Hopefully I explained it well enough you will get the idea.

Ryan
Excellent descriptions! It makes sense that it would not mount to the frame, but "float" with the engine. Although stacking three washers between the bracket and engine would seem to be a flimsy setup for a single mounting point.
Thank you, I think I've got it from here but I'll be back if I hit another wall.
Have a rear lift linkage to install but I'm taking it out of another so taking pics as it comes out.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Parts Diagram With Dimensions

When I installed the hydraulic lift in my 1978 JD210 I had to fabricate two parts as I didn't have them. Here is a drawing with dimensions for those two parts.

Parts I was missing

Hydraulic Lift1.jpg

Drawing of Parts I made

View attachment Hydro Parts-Layout2.pdf

Pump istalled
Hydro Pump.jpg

I hope this helps ya!:thumb:

Hec

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The trick is to stack the washers so the bottom of that pump mount bracket sits flat on that rectangular steel plate with the big hole that clears the rubber vibration isolator. Then you tighten the bolt from the top of the bracket to the sheet metal, and then, finally, you tighten the bolt that goes through the bottom of the pump bracket, through the vibration isolator, the engine cradle, and the frame.

There's enough vibration remaining that you have to tighten those bolts every once in a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Fabricated the spacer (Thanks for the drawings!)and got all the hardware required. Cannot figure out how to align the sheaves. Sliding it out to align leaves only the very edge of the bracket under the mounting bolt/washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 212 with hyd lift and the engine pulley is less than a 1/16" from the flywheel screen.
Haven't fitted the screen yet. will use the Plasma at work to cut the hole, Monday. I used the cast washer from a junk motor, It may be too thick, need to gain 3/16" to get an adequate surface for the mounting bolt
The proper washer is .120", will remove the sheave tomorrow to check the one I installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finished it up this evening. Hydraulics work great, will have to replace one hose and the belt but it's doing it's thing.
Mounted up a 47" deck to test it out. When lifted something underneath hits and pushes up the seat pan. I'll take a look tomorrow but has anyone experienced this before?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts